View Full Version : Skating 102

rlichtefeld
02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Barbara Wagner, a coach here in Atlanta and also the 1960 Olympic Pairs Champion, has developed a journal for skaters.

I got my first look at it this morning. She did a great job. It is wirebound with a heavy cover that should stand up to to spending some time in skate bags.

It includes all the USFS test elements (MIF and Freeskate) for standard track and adult track. It also has the dance patterns.

http://skating102book.webs.com/aboutus.htm

She has been working on this for more than the last year. And, includes the upcoming changes to the MIF tests.

It also has a history of figure skating. And, a section on the skaters whose names are synonymous with skating: Axel Paulsen, Ulrich Salchow, Dick Button, etc.

Her intent was to make something that could record a skater's progress and to be more accessible for tests than the USFS rulebook. It is also a good way of showing parents what is needed for each test, etc.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with her endeavor, I just thought it was a good resource to let other skaters know about. While I have taken a few lessons from her over the years, she is not my coach.

Rob

Kat12
02-23-2010, 09:14 PM
I can't find where it says how much it is? Am I missing it somewhere?

vesperholly
02-23-2010, 11:42 PM
You have to add it to your cart, it's $24.95.

Great idea - if I ever get to the point where I teach private lessons, this would make an excellent gift. I wish I had one for myself when I had started.

doubletoe
02-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Very nice! Her 1960 Olympic pair partner, Bob Paul, coaches at our rink. I'll have to check and see if he has one, LOL!

rlichtefeld
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
The local NBC station did an interview with her this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YF35kRmjIs

She is such a nice lady. When she first moved to Atlanta, I was teaching group lessons (Snow Plow Sam's) the same time she was, and we spent a lot of time talking in the coach's room.

Now is at a different rink in town. The one that I practice pairs, so I don't get to see her off ice much.

Rob

flo
02-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Nice! One of my students is taking a test soon. This would be a nice gift for her.

felixdacat
03-04-2010, 10:15 AM
I talked to Barbara the other day since my DD trains at the rink (the cooler). She says that there will be copies available at the Magnolia Open next weekend.