View Full Version : holiday on ice vs disney on ice

Barinade
02-19-2010, 11:01 PM
does anyone know anything about which show is better to skate with? which one pays more? any general info?

and also if one is to go skate on a show like these... how do you go about working in another country like that? i'm from canada... so i'd likely go to the US for disney, and europe for holiday.

thanks for any info!!

Layne
02-20-2010, 12:10 AM
You'll need a work visa, the same as you would for any other job in another country (I'm not totally sure if Canadians need a visa to work in the UK, but you will in the USA). I don't know all the details, but I know through foreign friends that it can be an expensive pain in the butt and take years to get (hopefully it's a little easier for Canadians). You'll have to land the job before they'll give you a visa. It helps if your employer is willing to help you get it, you'll have to check what Disney's policy is on that. They won't give you a visa to work at McDonald's, so with skating I have no idea if or how the pool of citizens available for the job effects your chances of getting one. I've known some scientists with PhD's looking for jobs, and the employer pretty much has to prove that there are no qualified US citizens available before they can hire them.

Mrs Redboots
02-20-2010, 07:43 AM
However, both Holiday and Disney have European franchises (? branches ?), so if you have an EU passport, you can, presumably, work for them in Europe with no problems.

starskate6.0
02-20-2010, 07:16 PM
When I was in my 20's I auditioned for Holiday on ice in Europe, ice Capades and Disney on Ice. I skated with Disney for 6 years and did 4 World Tours , 38 countries and 5 productions.. PM me Ill fill you in on some infor on who to contact, lofe style hotels, Visa etc etc....