View Full Version : Crosstraining - what else do you do?

Casey
02-18-2010, 01:36 PM
So these days I've been attending pilates classes once a week, vinyasa yoga classes once a week, and started doing kundalini yoga at home (yay for videos!). I'm also planning to start doing the pilates and vinyasa at home once the classes we already paid for run out. Prior to it getting too cold and snowy out, I was biking about 10 miles each day to/from work, and once it warms up again I hope to start doing so again, plus adding another 10 miles to that each day if I bike to/from the rink rather than taking the bus.

I used to take a ballet class when I was skating before, and I do miss that. Perhaps it is something I will look into again one day when I have more money available. Perhaps it's something I can find videos for and start doing myself at home too (yay for not spending money!)...

So what do you do to crosstrain?

rsk8d
02-18-2010, 08:34 PM
I think you all know what I'll suggest.... :) check our our specials during the olympic skating events!

Scarlett
02-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm big into other sports. I run a couple times a week, bike when it is warm, and rock climb at least twice a week.

phoenix
02-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Cardio--elliptical or treadmill or running outside

Plus at least 30 minutes of weight lifting

Twice a week.

Clarice
02-19-2010, 03:41 AM
Run 3 times a week, and do an off-ice strength workout designed for me by a trainer twice a week. Ballet at the rink when I can get there - sure wish that was more regularly than it is at present!