View Full Version : Skating Partnerships you would love to share your Rink with.

FSWer
02-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Ok people!!!! I want to know today...the skating Partnerships (both Pairs and Ice-Dance) you would love to share your Rink with. Please include the one Partnership from both you would love to have coach you. Please also say what Partneship from both you would want to have sub.-coach. For ex. for me I'd love to share my Rink with'...

Amanda Evora and Mark Ladwig

Rena Inoue and John Baldwin

Jessica Dube and Bryce Davidson

Melissa Gregory and Denis

For Pairs = I would love to have Amanda Evora and Mark Ladwig coach me. As well as have Jessica Dube and Bryce sub.

For Ice- Dancers = I would pick as I've put Melisa and Denis as coaches. A Sub. I'm not so sure.

Ok,now I want you to do the same for RETIRED Partnerships...In that cat. I'd share my Rink with..

Katie Orscher and Garrett Lucash.

Katie Beriau and Alex Meritt

Kaela and Chris

For Ice-Dance I'm not so sure.

As for coaches...Give me Katie and Garrett to coach..and Katie Beriau and Alex to sub.

LOL. So that means I'm not sure on Ice-Dancers.

Ok people...GO!!!!

Mrs Redboots
02-10-2010, 06:07 AM
Actually, while it is lovely to watch really good skaters training, sometimes it can be very unnerving to share the ice with them as they go so very fast and it feels as though you are always scuttling to the barrier to get out of their way! And while they are still working on their choreography, you have absolutely no idea which way they are going to go next.

Rob Dean
02-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Actually, while it is lovely to watch really good skaters training, sometimes it can be very unnerving to share the ice with them as they go so very fast and it feels as though you are always scuttling to the barrier to get out of their way!

Been there, done that! I'd leave out the "sometimes". I was skating at Delaware when Denkova/Stavisky (Bulgaria, World Dance champions several years back) were training there. I cancelled lessons rather than accept the risk of being out there with them.

kayskate
02-11-2010, 07:36 AM
I would also drop the "sometimes". In fact, I left one rink b/c the adult session was discontinued and my only option was to skate a FS w/ a high level dance team. While I may enjoy watching competitive dance and pairs, sharing the ice w them is too dangerous for me.

Kay

iSk8Dance
02-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Used to share a rink with the Kerrs several years ago. Really nice people, but if you're skating at that level then you don't want us 'amateurs' in the way - and we certainly didn't want to get in their way.