View Full Version : Any skaters in Indianapolis?

Casey
02-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Hi,

Gosh, it's been a while. Hello to anybody that remembers me from a few years ago!

I really want to get back to skating again, but I need some motivation to keep myself committed. So I'm wondering if there's any other skaters here in Indianapolis that might want to team up for practice - anywhere from a couple times a week to daily. I've been skating like twice in the last year, but I can still do the jumps through a lutz and spin, but my form and centering are absolutely terrible and it's going to take me a while to get back in shape. It would really help me out to have somebody to hold me accountable to going on a regular basis. Also, if you have a car, I would happily pay to carpool if you're coming from the west side of town, as I don't have one and it's too cold to bike right now; and I don't like to trouble my wife to drive me around any more than necessary. Maybe that could help you out... I work full time during the week but my schedule is flexible. I'd be most interested in attending early AM freestyles and finding a coach during that time, but I'd be happy with any time right now.

That's all for now!

Mrs Redboots
02-10-2010, 06:03 AM
Caaaaaaaaaaaa-sey! Welcome back! ***Hugs*** We missed you.

Isk8NYC
02-10-2010, 07:13 AM
I don't like to trouble my wife to drive me around any more than necessary. Congratulations and welcome back!

rlichtefeld
02-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Adult Mids are in Indy this year. I don't know if any the adult skaters from there are on the board. Rochelle are you here?

If she isn't, I can PM you her email, and see if she can forward your request out to the adults there.

Rob

rlichtefeld
02-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Casey, check your PMs. I sent you the contact for an adult skater in Indy.

Rob

LilJen
02-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Oh yes. We have a small contingent of adult skaters up in Fort Wayne (alas, only one of them will make it to Mids). A few go to the rink at Carmel (north side of Indy) periodically for dance lessons with Trevor someone (Olympian ice dancer from England).

Welcome to the Midwest! What led you to move away from the PNW?

Oh, and if you ever feel like coming up our way, we have a new three-sheet facility opening TODAY. Expect to see some figure skating competitions there in the next couple of years. http://www.icesports.com/fortwayne/default.aspx

Casey
02-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Oof, that's rather a distance from me!

I haven't been in the northwest in a long time. Three years ago I moved to the SF bay area, and only recently travelled east (much farther east), then decided to look for work again during the worst of the recession, and first job I found was here, so here I came.

Casey
02-13-2010, 08:44 AM
P.S. I figured out a solution I think. My wife started babysitting for some friends of hers that had triplets which necessitates us leaving the house at 5:30 am, and getting dropped off at work at 6, three hours before I'm supposed to be there (she needs to be there in time for the mother to leave for work and waits for her to get back). On top of that she isn't able to pick me up until 5 or 6, so I'm there way too much and it's driving me bonkers (not to mention her "friends" are only shelling out $150/week for this nonsense, which comes out to less that $3/hour and doesn't include gas - I think it's a pretty horrible deal!).

Anyways, it's no farther (maybe even marginally faster) for her to drop me off downtown where there's a rink with morning freestyle sessions every day. I can then walk just a few blocks to catch a bus that goes near by where I work. Unfortunately the busses here don't come near where I live, and it's too cold/snowy to bicycle right now, but I think this should work out. I'll get to go to three 40-minute freestyle sessions every morning, and be at work on time.