View Full Version : Cleveland Invitational Championships March 19-21

RachelSk8er
01-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Adult Skaters!!!

Cleveland Invitational Championships are March 19-21, they are actually not in Cleveland this year (they are in the Akron/Canton area about 35 min southeast of Cleveland). This competition was traditionally only open to clubs who are members of the Greater Cleveland Council of Figure Skating Clubs, but they have now opened it up to all clubs in Ohio, Western PA, Western NY and Northern KY.

They offer adult events, traditionally there have always been a few entries in interp and bronze free and compulsory. Other events tend to get cancelled. However, this year, there may be a better turnout.

Entries are very reasonable ($65 for first event, $20 for second, solo dances are $20/skater--solo dance is NOT separated from the kids/teens).

I am planning to register for silver free, 2 solo dances (Rocker Foxtrot and American Waltz) and interp.

Entries are due January 29th.

I know this is short notice, but I am actually going to contact the competition chair to see if (i) they will allow adults from other areas, i.e. Michigan, to enter adult events, (ii) they would be willing to extend entries for adult events to February 5th, and (iii) if they will use IJS for gold since they will have the officials and equipment there for standard levels. I will update this thread with their answer.

Please let me know if you are interested in competing. They may be more willing to bend the rules for adults and be flexible if I can get them some numbers.

Entry form can be found here (scroll down)
http://www.clevelandskating.com/

RachelSk8er
01-26-2010, 03:16 PM
--Entries for adult events will be accepted up until Feb. 5th
--IJS will be used for gold if there are enough entries to justify it. The chief referee didn't specify what "enough entries" means, but if they used it for 3 senior ladies last year, I don't see why they couldn't for 3 adult golds.