View Full Version : Kilian/Foxtrot Dress

sk8tmum
01-17-2010, 08:56 PM
What "style" dress does a Kilian (or any foxtrot, frankly) - suit? Tango was soooo easy, and it helped with expression to be in a 'tango' dress - what do I look for for in a dress to suit this dance?

Images help, or links to images; I'm a visual learner, :)

coskater64
01-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Killian is a polka, foxtrot...meeh, I use a waltz-ish dress for that.

Try Sharene skating dresses.;)

phoenix
01-17-2010, 09:44 PM
If you do a search for "killian ice dance" on youtube, you'll find lots of examples that you can check out. It is a polka, therefore you'll probably see lots of polka dots, ruffles, that sort of thing.

RachelSk8er
01-18-2010, 07:30 AM
I wear my black dance dress for the Foxtrot (or a new one I got that's brown).

My Kilian dress is so dorky, it's green strapless-looking with yellow criscross lacing up the front, a yellow underskirt, and a floral trim across the top of the bodice. (It's an old synchro dress that I turned into a dorky Kilian dress, I probably wouldn't have bought a whole new dress just for this dance.)

A solid dress in a bright color (red, blue) would work for the Kilian if you don't want to go get a dorky dress just for that one dance.

Mrs Redboots
01-19-2010, 07:00 AM
I don't yet do either dance competitively, but if I did, I think I'd just wear a "generic dance dress" for them. Of which I have several....

JulieN
01-20-2010, 06:01 PM
The dress I wore for my Kilian test is a generic blue dress which was previously a synchro dress.

Here is a video (http://www.denversynchro.org/Julie_Kilian_Test.wmv) of my Kilian test. :)