View Full Version : Getting to know you as a Skater.

FSWer
01-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Say,we haven't done a "Getting to know you as a Skater" Thread for a while. So here's one for an update in 2010. Here are the questions. Some are optional....

First Name (optional)

Level you are at ( please specify for each Discipline you do).

Years of Skating (please include how many years for each Discipline you do).

Years competing (please include for each Discipline)

Were you took Learn to Skate (optional)

Were you train (optional)

Skating Club or Camp (optional)

Skating Club reresented when competing (optional)

Were are you from

How often do you train

Are you training to become a famous skater? If yes please include for what Discipline (a famous Freestyler,Ice-Dancer,etc.)

In order for me it's....

Name= Dana

Level= Learn to Skate Adult1 never passed, no Discipline.

Years of Skating= about amost 3.

Years competing= none. Though I dream. LOL.

Were I took Learn to Skate= Newington Arena.

Were I train= At Newington Arena.

Skating Club= none.

Skating Club reresented when competing= none.

Were I'm from= Connecticut

How often I train or pratice in my case. LOL= Whenever I'm scheduled to go down. For about hr.12-2hrs 1-2times a month. Maybe more. If lucky.

Am I training to become a famous skater? = No,but I've dreamed. LOL.

Ok people.....go.

krisseye
01-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Hi! My name's Kris and I live in Seattle. I skated a couple of years as a teenager then took a loooong break. When I stopped I could do a loop but 2 kids, 20+ years, and 20 pounds later, who knows what this old bod thinks about me skating again :D. Uh...I don't compete for obvious reasons...

katz in boots
01-17-2010, 01:49 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::r oll::giveup:

sk8ryellow
01-17-2010, 12:51 PM
[Name (optional)
Fran
Level you are at ( please specify for each Discipline you do).
Novice, Singles
Years of Skating (please include how many years for each Discipline you do).
12 years
Years competing (please include for each Discipline)
8 years
Were you took Learn to Skate (optional)
Colorado College
Were you train (optional)
Colorado College
Skating Club or Camp (optional)
Colorado College Skating Club
Skating Club reresented when competing (optional)
Colorado College Skating Club
Were are you from
Colorado Springs
How often do you train
Every Day except Sunday
Are you training to become a famous skater? If yes please include for what Discipline (a famous Freestyler,Ice-Dancer,etc.)

No I am training to become the best I can be and if I make it in the process then thats great

dance2sk8
01-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Name: Kristin

Level you are at: PreBronze/Bronze (Adult Skater - Class II)

Years of Skating: 1 year (as of last week!) - Singles/FreeStyle

Years competing: Just started - Deborah Burgoyne is my first competition and hope to have many many more and include Nationals down the road.

Were you took Learn to Skate: Detroit Skating Club

Where you train: Detroit Skating Club

Skating Club or Camp: Detroit Skating Club

Skating Club reresented when competing: Detroit Skating Club

Where are you from: Waterford, MI

How often do you train: 5 days a week - 1 day of ballet/jazz and 4 days of skating (2-3 hrs a day)

Are you training to become a famous skater? I hope to be the National Adult Champion for Freestyle one day.

FSWer
01-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Name: Kristin

Level you are at: PreBronze/Bronze (Adult Skater - Class II)

Years of Skating: 1 year (as of last week!) - Singles/FreeStyle

Years competing: Just started - Deborah Burgoyne is my first competition and hope to have many many more and include Nationals down the road.

Were you took Learn to Skate: Detroit Skating Club

Where you train: Detroit Skating Club

Skating Club or Camp: Detroit Skating Club

Skating Club reresented when competing: Detroit Skating Club

Where are you from: Waterford, MI

How often do you train: 5 days a week - 1 day of ballet/jazz and 4 days of skating (2-3 hrs a day)

Are you training to become a famous skater? I hope to be the National Adult Champion for Freestyle one day.

Your from the DSC. Kristin? COOL!!!! BTW. have you met any famous skaters from the club while there? I know a lot of famous skaters reresent it. BTW. does Deborah Burgoyne qualify a skater for anything?

sk8ryellow
01-17-2010, 06:45 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH HH
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::r oll::giveup:

:?::?: Whats wrong?:?::?::?::?:

katz in boots
01-18-2010, 01:54 AM
You're right, I mucked up the formatting, should read;

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRR
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGG
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH

:frus: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :frus: :giveup:

dance2sk8
01-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Your from the DSC. Kristin? COOL!!!! BTW. have you met any famous skaters from the club while there? I know a lot of famous skaters reresent it. BTW. does Deborah Burgoyne qualify a skater for anything?

Yes, I am super spoiled when it comes to being around some of the best skaters in the world. I have to pinch myself sometimes. But, I've gotten used to it as well. They are some of the greatest people I have met and very warm, open.

Am acquainted/friends with:

Alissa Czisny (a couple times a week I see her) have some fun conversations with her. She's extremely intelligent.
Keifer and Madison Hubbell - super cool and fun to talk with!
Jeremy Abbott - one of the NICEST people I have ever met. Very friendly and down to earth. Not a mean bone in his body.
Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje - so amazing to watch on the ice
Jonathan Cassar - to see his spread eagles in person, its jaw dropping.
Todd Giles and Jane Somerset - Ice Dancing
Yuka Sato - she's super sweet.
Charlie White and Meryl Davis (met Charlie, but have yet to meet Meryl)
Federica Faiella & Massimo Scali - sometimes comes through. Seen them do a couple of exhibitions during Saturdays. Also, Massimo coaches on occasion during the off-season. He's super SUPER cute in person.

I could keep going. But, I am very thankful and super blessed to be around some of the best in the world.

sk8ryellow
01-18-2010, 07:57 PM
You're right, I mucked up the formatting, should read;

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRR
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGG
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH

:frus: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :frus: :giveup:

Whats wrong?

Muskoka Skater
01-18-2010, 08:49 PM
First Name: Emily

Level you are at: Pre Novice Womens

Years of Skating: 10 years I believe, but sadly I am not skating this year

Years competing: Been competing for 8 or 9 years

Where you took Learn to Skate: Mariposa

Where you train: Currently no where

Skating Club or Camp: Currently no where

Skating Club reresented when competing: Currently no where

Where are you from: Originally barrie, but now Northern Ontario

How often do you train: Used to train everyday.

Are you training to become a famous skater? If yes please include for what Discipline: I'm taking a year off at the moment, but I was training to become a famous Women's Single Skater, but I've been thinking lately that I might try out pairs...but it will be difficult because i'm a lefty.

FSWer
01-18-2010, 09:21 PM
First Name: Emily

Level you are at: Pre Novice Womens

Years of Skating: 10 years I believe, but sadly I am not skating this year

Years competing: Been competing for 8 or 9 years

Where you took Learn to Skate: Mariposa

Where you train: Currently no where

Skating Club or Camp: Currently no where

Skating Club reresented when competing: Currently no where

Where are you from: Originally barrie, but now Northern Ontario

How often do you train: Used to train everyday.

Are you training to become a famous skater? If yes please include for what Discipline: I'm taking a year off at the moment, but I was training to become a famous Women's Single Skater, but I've been thinking lately that I might try out pairs...but it will be difficult because i'm a lefty.

You should be able to Emily. Because I surely HOPE there aren't any rules aganst being a lefty in Skating.

aussieskater
01-18-2010, 10:34 PM
You should be able to Emily. Because I surely HOPE there aren't any rules aganst being a lefty in Skating.

FSWer, the reason she mentions being a "lefty" (CW skater) is difficult is that she would need a CW partner (there have been a few cases of mirror partners but they are very rare in competitive levels), and there are fewer CW skaters than CCW ones.

FSWer
01-18-2010, 10:44 PM
FSWer, the reason she mentions being a "lefty" (CW skater) is difficult is that she would need a CW partner (there have been a few cases of mirror partners but they are very rare in competitive levels), and there are fewer CW skaters than CCW ones.

Ok,can someone please explain CW and CCCW?

sk8joyful
01-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Ok,can someone please explain CW and CCW?

Natural-lefty's (like me ;)) have a 'tendency to prefer'
skating their moves more easily to the --> right (like a clock moves), so it's called clockwise, or CW for short.

Usually right-handed skaters have a 'tendency to prefer'
skating their moves more easily to the left <-- , (counter to a clock's movem.), so it's called counter-clockwise, or CCW for short.

These are just generalities; and we all can learn skills in both directions, given enough ;) practice...

celticprincess
01-21-2010, 08:52 PM
First Name (optional) Laney

Level you are at ( please specify for each Discipline you do). I'm an artistic/showcase skater....never tested although I've passed for Adult Silver

Years of Skating (please include how many years for each Discipline you do).4...off and on

Years competing (please include for each Discipline) Three...this was the first year I wasn't able to

Were you took Learn to Skate (optional) Never did..just sort of taught myself

Were you train (optional) New York

Skating Club or Camp (optional) BCWC

Were are you from....Binghamton, Ny

How often do you train...as often as I can...right now sadly it's twice a week, but thats because I'm on a bit of a budget.

Are you training to become a famous skater? If yes please include for what Discipline (a famous Freestyler,Ice-Dancer,etc.):Define famous...I've been in shows where you feel famous....if you mean Olympic competitor, well no, started far too late. But maybe someday Adult Nats and/or National Showcase:-)