View Full Version : Adult Easterns skate swap -- any interest?

skaternum
01-10-2010, 09:24 PM
I mentioned this on Facebook, but I thought I'd hit a few of the forums. A couple of us are talking about having a skate swap at Adult Easterns, with 10% of the sales going to the Memorial Fund. Before we starting putting the time and effort into it, we wanted to see if there's enough interest to make it worth our while.

How it works: anybody that has gently used skating clothes, boots, blades, accessories, etc. can bring it and basically consign it and specify how much you want for it. If your item sells, you get 90% of the sale price and we donate the other 10% to the USFSA Memorial Fund.

So ... Would you consign? Would you be interesting in buying?

Skate@Delaware
01-11-2010, 06:51 PM
for those of us that aren't in the know....where & when are Easterns?

skaternum
01-11-2010, 07:17 PM
http://www.centralcarolinasc.com/AES2010.aspx

Feb. 20 and 21 in Hillsborough, NC

Skate@Delaware
01-11-2010, 07:49 PM
oh man, that would be great to go see but I don't think I could get away for it.

Isk8NYC
01-11-2010, 08:25 PM
It's a long drive for you S@D - around six hours, I think. Definitely not a day trip.

I volunteered to help with the competition, but if they don't need my help, I'll be happy to give you a hand, skaternum.

RachelSk8er
01-13-2010, 10:06 AM
I'd browse and maybe buy (esp if there are dresses I like in my size for a good price), but I don't have anything to sell right now. I wear my boots until they're broken down, blades until they're done, and I have a very hard time parting with my dresses, even ones that I'd never wear again (lots of sentimental value in my rather hideous synchro costumes from the early 90s).