View Full Version : What is a Day of Training like for you?

FSWer
01-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Ok,I don't think we've ever talked about this. But what I'd like to know from all you skaters here who actually train. What is a Day of Training like for you?

Mrs Redboots
01-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Get up far too early, shower, dress in practice-kit, dry my hair, drink a cup of tea, make coffee, grab a banana and water-bottle and skate-bag. Arrive at rink. Husband sometimes runs round the rink to warm up; I seldom do. Eat banana, put on skates and get out there. When finished, remove skates and go either home or to the shops, whichever is next on the day's agenda!

dance2sk8
01-07-2010, 08:51 AM
After work for me (2hrs) and Saturdays (4hrs), I train.

I train 5-6 days a week.

I usually aim to get at least 2 hrs of ice a day.

Thursdays, Saturdays: I try to include off ice training with weights/cardio activities.

I always do a 25-30 minute warm up before hand, run through my program off ice, and then I go lace up. Doing off ice jumps/foot work, etc. really helps with my programs and elements in general. Plus its something I will do when I compete.

londonicechamp
01-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi

Well for me, it is get changed to my skating clothes, chauffeur drives me to the rink, arrive at the rink, check in with skating school reception, did off ice warm up, drink half a bottle of water, go to washroom, go onto the ice. I usually have 15 minutes break, as my session includes one ice resurfacing.

I train 2 to 3 days a week, each time for 1.5 to 2 hours. I have lessons two days a week, and will attempt to go to practice on the day of my non lesson, if I can.

londonicechamp

Petlover
01-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Get up at 5:04 am, put on makeup, pack work clothes, dress in skating clothes, brush hair, give Panda her insulin shot, pack lunch, eat quick breakfast, drive to rink, skate 45-60 minutes, go to work.

sk8ryellow
01-07-2010, 08:08 PM
I get up at 4am every day eat breakfast leave at 5:00am and get on the ice by 5:45am and get off at 7:00am then walk to school and on mon. wed. and fri. walk back after school skate for two hours and go home! Rather exhausting actually!

I do this mon thru friday and on saturday I get up at 5am and leave by 6am and am on the ice around 6:30am, I skate till 8am then take power class, get off for 15 min then get back on from 9am-10am. I take Sunday off!

londonicechamp
01-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi

Well it is really luxurious for you guys that your rink opens so early in the morning.

In my home rink in Singapore, they used to have the 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. closed to the public slot, but now that is gone as well. I suppose that that is coz ice skating is not really a popular sport in Singapore lol. :o

londonicechamp

sk8joyful
01-11-2010, 05:39 AM
from all you skaters here who actually train. What is a Day of Training like for you?

oh shucks, you mean us skaters who just skate for fun..... are
not "training" ;) - I have you know, that Training-for-fun is just as serious, lol