View Full Version : Dh gifted me some private lessons(m)

isakswings
12-25-2009, 08:02 PM
with DD's coach! I am so excited. He asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said either a session of LTS and/or lessons with dd's coach. So, I get to have 5 lessons with dd's private coach. Fun! Not sure what I will have her work on with me tho!

jazzpants
12-27-2009, 12:14 AM
VERY good hubby indeed!!! :mrgreen:

My hubby gave me lessons before at Chelsea Piers when I skate there during my visits to his family. Of course, it's very typical since he couldn't figure out usually what to get me for Christmas. (Though this year's Christmas present was an iTouch, so I doubt I'll get lessons this year.)

Mrs Redboots
12-27-2009, 05:50 AM
VERY good hubby indeed!!! :mrgreen:

My hubby gave me lessons before at Chelsea Piers when I skate there during my visits to his family. Of course, it's very typical since he couldn't figure out usually what to get me for Christmas. (Though this year's Christmas present was an iTouch, so I doubt I'll get lessons this year.)

iTouches are BRILLIANT! (This is totally off-topic, sorry, will get back on it before the end of the post, I promise!). I treated myself to one - much too expensive to ask for a Christmas present in our family - and absolutely love it, and used it all over Christmas while staying with my sister. Use it every day, although tend not to come on here from it. Jazz, message me somewhere and I'll tell you some of my favourite apps so far!

Parents have given me some money, so I should be able to afford to keep skating for the next few months (there, I said I'd get back on topic, didn't I!).

Isk8NYC
12-27-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm still waiting for my new boots to come in, but I've set aside a bit of money for lessons. Since my kiddos are working on their Dance lessons, I might try to keep up with them or I'll just focus on Moves.

Skittl1321
12-27-2009, 10:38 AM
My dad sent me money for new boots!!!

I told my Mom that was all I really wanted, and that it wasn't something he could really buy off the shelf.

I'll probably set it aside and wait for these ones to really die (and for a good thaw so I can drive to either Omaha or Chicago).

I can't believe it.

(It didn't actually say "for boots" so DH thinks it would be better used for new tires on my car...)

dbny
12-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Great gifts all! The closest I've come to a skating related gift is that friends are giving their daughter lessons with me for Hanukkah. They asked me to send a gift certificate so they could give her something at the appropriate time. I had fun designing it, and I think my new student will be fun too.

PinkLaces
12-30-2009, 11:42 AM
My mom sent me money to buy a club jacket. The club buys the jackets from the rink store which decided to have a sale. I ended up with extra money. My mom said that I could keep the extra for a lesson with my coach :D

jazzpants
12-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Looks like my DH did gift me with lessons with my NYC coach after all. VERY GOOD HUBBY!!! :twisted: :bow: :lol: