View Full Version : How do you get to and from the Rink?

FSWer
12-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Ok fellow Skaters. What I was wondering today was how everyone here gets to and from their Rink? I myself was getting taken by my staff. Though,I don't know how I will be getting to and from my Rink in the future. But maybe you all can also give me some ideas. Thanks.

Clarice
12-13-2009, 11:20 AM
I drive there, as do most people I know. Rudy Galindo used to ride a bike to his rink. Is there a bus route you could use? Some young skaters I know carpool with other skaters, and one often gets picked up by her coach (since her mother does daycare for the coach). Nobody lives close enough to our rink to walk, since it is in a downtown area.

Skittl1321
12-13-2009, 11:34 AM
I drive to skating 95% of the time. In the summer I like to try to ride my bike on the weekends, but if I'm running late, I don't.

We have some skaters who take the city bus, a good way to get there if you don't have a car.

phoenix
12-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Do you know of anyone else who might be willing or able to take you? A friend or family member?

How long a drive is it to get to your rink?

jp1andOnly
12-13-2009, 02:19 PM
I take the bus since I dont drive. It's on my way home from work so it's not out of the way...just a layover. On Saturdays I go to a different rhink, which I get most of the way there by curling fiance (he curls at 8am..ugh..i skate at 9..works perfectly) and then hop on the bus the rest of the way

FSWer
12-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Do you know of anyone else who might be willing or able to take you? A friend or family member?

How long a drive is it to get to your rink?

It's about 15min. driving,and were talking taking a highway. Is anyone here familar with...Slater Road? I also don't know at this point who at my Rink has a car if anyone. Or if anyone would be willing to do it.

iSk8Dance
12-13-2009, 05:32 PM
It's just too tempting to respond that I just use the matter transporter. Doesn't everyone?

Unfortunately it's the car. 30 minutes along the motorway.

Another rink I use is adjacent to the tram station. Unfortunately there's no tram from where I start, so it's the car again.

Happy memories of a skate course in Switzerland where I had an early morning (6.15a.m.) walk along alpine paths from the campsite to the rink for a 7.00a.m. start. Great start to the day.

FSWer
12-13-2009, 05:42 PM
It's just too tempting to respond that I just use the matter transporter. Doesn't everyone?

Unfortunately it's the car. 30 minutes along the motorway.

Another rink I use is adjacent to the tram station. Unfortunately there's no tram from where I start, so it's the car again.

Happy memories of a skate course in Switzerland where I had an early morning (6.15a.m.) walk along alpine paths from the campsite to the rink for a 7.00a.m. start. Great start to the day.

I surely HOPE we get that far into the future. As I was thinking too,LOL. That if they ever came out with one. For me..........SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

SkaterBird
12-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Mostly I just drive to the rink. I skate at several rinks - whichever has ice time that fits into my schedule - and they range from 5 miles away to about 35 miles away.

Mrs Redboots
12-14-2009, 11:55 AM
If we both go, we take the car. If it's just the Husband going, he goes by bus. If it's just me - well, I ought to go by bus, but I have to admit that the temptation to use the car is usually too much!

liz_on_ice
12-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Weekdays I skate near work and take the subway. Weekends I go to the rinks nearer home, and drive (10-30 min depending which rink and traffic) since public transit isn't useful if you aren't going downtown.