View Full Version : Testing, 1, 2, 3

Isk8NYC
12-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Good luck to everyone who is testing in the next few weeks/months!

December 2009
Renatele just blew away all three Preliminary ice dance tests! Congratulations!
LilJen is taking the Fiesta Tango soon - Hope you pass with flying colors! Ole'!
Lsk8 - Gold Moves - Own the ice, Linda!

January 2010
phoenix is taking the Paso dance test - is that also an ole'? Good luck!
Kim's going to BLOW AWAY the judges with her Junior Moves! Go get 'em!
Rob Dean is testing Bronze MITF. Knock it out of the park!
SkaterBird (Tentative) - PreBronze Dances will take flight. Fly high!
ibreakhearts - Intermediate Free, Novice Moves (Tentatively) - hoping for a clean skate and good health!
sk8ergalgal - Gold Freeskate - Best of luck!
FlyAndCrash - Intermediate Moves - Hope all goes according to your plan!

February 2010
RachelSk8r (Tentative) - taking Junior Moves and passing with high scores!
Late Feb Scarlett - Bronze Moves, last Pre-Bronze Dance - Moving out of the Pre-Bronze peanut gallery!

March 2010
herniated - Bronze Dance tests - sending good karma your way.

April 2010
Terry's Quest to Test (Skate@Delaware - tentative) - Thinking good thoughts for your Pre-Bronze test(s)! Bravo!
coskater42 - Blues, Paso, Jr. Free Dance, Sr. Moves (ETA) - Ambitious schedule - best of luck!

May 2010
sk8tegirl06 - PreJuv Moves and College Graduation! Hoping for great grades on both!

Spring/Summer 2010
Skittl1321 - Preliminary Ice Dance Tests - Hope you do well!
flying~camel - Silver Moves, Pre-Juv - We're right behind you!

Disabled List:
Liz_on_Ice
Debbie S

phoenix
12-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Thank you! I'm taking my Paso January 11.

Kim to the Max
12-08-2009, 09:54 AM
January 16th it's Junior Moves again for me!!

Skate@Delaware
12-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Unfortunately, my testing has been put off until at least April (school break)....so now I am calling it

TERRY'S QUEST TO TEST!!!!!

:frus:

Good luck to everyone else!!!! I'm sending good karma your way!!!!!!!!!!

Isk8NYC
12-08-2009, 12:51 PM
*chuckles* I like the title - Terri's Quest to Test - say that 3x fast, lol.

I have three or four private students who are working on the Pre-Preliminary MITF tests. They're all Basic Skills USFSA members, but in order to test, they have to become Club members, which is a little pricey.

Since we think they'll be ready to test in late May, and the USFSA's membership year ends 6/30/2010, they'll wait for the new membership year to join/register. A good $70-$100 will be saved and the skater will have plenty of time to prepare.

I know some Clubs have offered prorated membership fees late in the season, but I don't think ours will.

RachelSk8er
12-08-2009, 01:08 PM
I hope to take my junior moves in late February, but I'm still recovering from the injury that caused me to pull from my November test date, so we'll see.

Skate@Delaware
12-08-2009, 01:57 PM
That's a good idea to wait, my club doesn't pro-rate any more...and any time to save some money-grab it!

I'll be happy to test (and pass) pre-bronze moves & freestyle before I'm 50; I turn 48 in February so there's plenty of time.

renatele
12-08-2009, 03:16 PM
LOL should have seen the thread in the morning - tested preliminary dances around 10:25 am, passed all three.

Skittl1321
12-08-2009, 03:41 PM
LOL should have seen the thread in the morning - tested preliminary dances around 10:25 am, passed all three.

Congratulations!

I had hoped to have my first 2 dances passed by December, but there are no test sessions to be found. Will likely have to wait until mid-spring/summer. Maybe I can have all 3 instead of just first 2, or maybe my bronze free. Will also give my coach a bit more time to figure out all the partnering stuff- she isn't used to being the boy.

herniated
12-08-2009, 04:41 PM

Big Congrats!!!!

I'm testing Bronze dances in March. Think it's the 9th!!!

Ellyn
12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I was planning to finally test prejuvenile moves on Nov. 28, sent the application in and everything, but my left knee gave out a couple weeks before and I've been off ice and had to scratch from the test session.

I say I've been trying to get to pre-juvenile level since I was 13, only back then it was the first figure test. I want to be "pre-juvenile" before I'm 50.

After that, any other tests I manage to pass will be gravy.

Hope to get back on the ice soon. Left inside threes were my nemesis before the injury and now will be the hardest thing to get back on a weak left knee.

Skate@Delaware
12-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Isk8NYC
12-08-2009, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't expect anything less from you, given your recent graduation from Gold Moves! (Just saw your name in Skating magazine recently - that issue had been buried in the mail pile.)

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS !!!

phoenix
12-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Congratulations!

I had hoped to have my first 2 dances passed by December, but there are no test sessions to be found. Will likely have to wait until mid-spring/summer. Maybe I can have all 3 instead of just first 2, or maybe my bronze free. Will also give my coach a bit more time to figure out all the partnering stuff- she isn't used to being the boy.

If you ever feel like a drive over Wisconsin/Chicago way, there are more regular test sessions. I also don't think it would be too difficult to scare up a male coach to partner for you.

Rob Dean
12-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm anticipating testing bronze MIF on 18 January. (-: Went over all patterns on last night's lesson as we're entering the home stretch for this test session. <sigh> It's taken a good deal longer than I had hoped.

Debbie S
12-08-2009, 07:33 PM
I was planning to finally test prejuvenile moves on Nov. 28, sent the application in and everything, but my left knee gave out a couple weeks before and I've been off ice and had to scratch from the test session.I'm sorry, Ellyn. I hope you recover quickly and can get back on the ice soon.

I was planning to test Pre-Juv last Monday, the 30th, and then I broke my left leg on Nov 7. I have no idea when I'll be able to come back (at this point, I just want to walk) - could be anywhere from March to November, depending on healing, how PT goes, and how soon the swelling in my ankle goes down enough for me to fit in my skate.

When I do return, I think I'm just going to skip Pre-Juv (I broke my leg falling on a RBO 3-turn) and focus on Gold, which I was aiming to put out this coming June - who knows how long it will take me now. :cry:

I'm also going to work on dance (my coach is thrilled, she's been trying to get me to do that for 4 years) - I may end up testing the first 3-6 dances before Gold MIF, we'll see.

Good luck to all those testing!

SkaterBird
12-08-2009, 07:47 PM
My coach and I are trying (as in, long-shot trying) to fast-track my PreBronze dances to test the 2d week in January. Like I said, long shot, especially as my Mohawk is basically nonexistent, but I at least mostly know the steps to the three dances (ChaCha fairly well, Swing and Fiesta more-or-less) but we'll see. Nothing ventured . . .

ibreakhearts66
12-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Hoping to test my Intermediate free and (possibly) Novice moves on the first session of the new year!

Great thread!

coskater64
12-08-2009, 08:40 PM
I will be taking:
Blues
Paso
Junior Free dance

and...Sr Moves all before April!!8O8O

sk8ergalgal
12-08-2009, 09:15 PM
I plan to take my Gold freeskate test on January 28th. Its the only test I have left to take. :)

Skittl1321
12-08-2009, 09:17 PM
If you ever feel like a drive over Wisconsin/Chicago way, there are more regular test sessions. I also don't think it would be too difficult to scare up a male coach to partner for you.

In the spring I'll probably drive to either Illinois or Nebraska (it looks like local sessions might not be until summmer! The club I usually count on for a January session is holding a big competition, so they probably won't do it)- but traveling in the winter for a session just isn't a good idea. Who knows if I'll make it that weekend or not.

sk8tegirl06
12-08-2009, 09:25 PM
All of us pre juvie wannabes should join together for a support group or something:lol: I just started learning the PJM last week, but would really like to pass them before I graduate college, May 2010. Freestyle testing is probably on the back burner for a bit, maybe over summer 2010.

jazzpants
12-08-2009, 11:55 PM
WOO HOO!!! You ROCK!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Funny I thought of you today... I was working on back cross strokes!!! :twisted: :P :lol:

Ellyn
12-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I was planning to test Pre-Juv last Monday, the 30th, and then I broke my left leg on Nov 7. I have no idea when I'll be able to come back (at this point, I just want to walk) - could be anywhere from March to November, depending on healing, how PT goes, and how soon the swelling in my ankle goes down enough for me to fit in my skate.

How's it coming along?

When I do return, I think I'm just going to skip Pre-Juv (I broke my leg falling on a RBO 3-turn) and focus on Gold, which I was aiming to put out this coming June - who knows how long it will take me now. :cry:

I'm also going to work on dance (my coach is thrilled, she's been trying to get me to do that for 4 years) - I may end up testing the first 3-6 dances before Gold MIF, we'll see.

Glad you're thinking positively about moving forward with the skating goals.

jazzpants
12-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Debbie: Hope you're healing well...

You will be back on ice!

BTW: re the RBO3 turns...on the Gold Moves, don't you have the double 3's to contend with then??? Can't avoid those RBO3's unfortunately. :??

flying~camel
12-09-2009, 10:27 AM
All of us pre juvie wannabes should join together for a support group or something:lol:

I'm with you! I think my coach wants me to retry Silver moves (basically the same as Pre-Juv) this spring and I've already decided to take Pre-Juv shortly after I've passed Silver.

Debbie S
12-09-2009, 10:41 AM
How's it coming along?Still non-weight-bearing, which is becoming a big PITA. I go back to the doc on the 22nd (6-week mark) to see if it has healed enough to start partial weight-bearing and PT. The doc said I'll be in the walking boot for 12 weeks total, which puts me at the beginning of Feb. He said I'll be back to normal after 4-5 months. So then it's an issue of when I'm strong enough for skating (full healing takes 9 mos to a year) and when I can get my foot in my skate. Doc said ice would help, so I'm trying to do 20 min twice a day. He also wants me to periodically move my ankle to increase range of motion. Another issue is my knee, which is stiff and difficult to move, b/c they had to move the kneecap to put the rod in the tibia. I assume PT will resolve that, maybe just even walking.

Actually, when the doc was first giving me timetables and mentioned the 4-5 months, I asked if I would be able to ice skate, and he said it sounded like good exercise. But I think at that point, he didn't realize I was a serious skater and may have assumed I just meant skating around in circles. But even if I can only do basic stroking for a while, I'll be happy to be out there.

BTW: re the RBO3 turns...on the Gold Moves, don't you have the double 3's to contend with then??? Can't avoid those RBO3's unfortunately. :??LOL! Yeah, but it's a different pattern. ;) At least, I won't be living the exact replay. And I find the back turns on the forward double 3's to be a bit easier than the Pre-Juv 3's. Now the back double 3's are a different story. They have always scared me. The BO turns also show up on the slide chasses, but I've been OK with them....although truth be told, I'm probably doing them too slowly. Yikes, I may need valium to get through this, lol. :oops: :halo:

FlyAndCrash
12-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Intermediate moves if all goes according to plan Jan 31!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Lsk8
12-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Skittl1321--where in Iowa are you? Omaha has a test session almost every month. You're too late for Dec, it's this Friday, I'm testing my gold moves.
Upcoming tests are Jan 22 and Feb 25 (part of the Omaha Winterfest competition) for more info on testing in Omaha check--

http://www.fscomaha.org/

Also, post a link to your clubs Jan competition, I have some skaters looking for another competition this winter.

Linda
Lincoln, NE

doubletoe
12-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Hoping to test my Intermediate free and (possibly) Novice moves on the first session of the new year!

Great thread!

Yay!! I'm looking forward to seeing you in Intermediate at Regionals next season (in your club jacket)! :D

Scarlett
12-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Adding to the calendar:

Planning to test:

Bronze moves and last Pre-Bronze dance in late Feb.