View Full Version : Anyone here familar with Newington Arena?

FSWer
12-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Say,is her nyone else here familar with Newington Area's Ice-Time Public Skate Schedule? I am waiting for their afternoon Public Skates to start back up...and at this point even though I have called the Rink and all. They only have the evening right now. There has been nothing yet about when (or if) afternoon will start again. They DO do Hockey a lot more. But before the Fall,there were afternoon sesions...and the only info. I got last time I was there (see my Rink reports),was that there would be no weekend Public Skate Sept.- Nov. Now they say in Dec. that there still isn't anything. To make it short. They HAVE made changes. But I surely HOPE this is not going to be an on-going thing. As I'm itching to get back on the ice. Is there annyone else here who skates there or anything that can help me? Thanks.

rsk8d
12-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Newington frequently changes their schedule; that's why so many coaches and skaters leave the rink. Your best bet in neighboring Cromwell, whilch has freestyle ice Mon-Fri 9AM-12noon, 1:30-6PM. Public skate at 12 noon-1:30. Satufday freestyle 7AM-12noon, with basic skills at 9-10. You can't miss with htis much ice time! Plus, I use the off-ice room, which is solely for skaters.

IceSk8r725
12-03-2009, 02:41 PM
As far as I know, there are still public skating sessions from 12-1:30. I would call the arena and ask. The schedule on the website is not updated, but whenever I skate the 1:30 freestyle session it seems as if public skating beforehand.