View Full Version : Ice Rinks in Fort Worth TX

AgnesNitt
12-02-2009, 01:43 PM
I've googled and I've searched, but I'm uncertain if there are any ice rinks left in Fort Worth. Fort Worth Ice and Tandy both closed. So are there any ice rinks left? (Not willing to drive to Dallas)

Skittl1321
12-02-2009, 01:45 PM
When I skated in FtW we went to the (very nice) Dr. Pepper Star Center. There are more than one, but the one we went to wasn't all the way to Dallas, it was quite close to where I was staying. I just don't know the town name.

Perhaps look up the Star Center and see if one is close to you?

dbny
12-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Here's a list from ArenaMaps.com (http://arenamaps.com/search.php?position=0&state=TX&arena_name=&city=Ft+Worth&sort_field2=arena_name&sort_field=city_sorter).

AgnesNitt
12-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks, but the two rinks in Fort Worth on that map are Fort Worth Ice (closed) and the Convention Center (which is also closed). Sigh, I was just hoping that I was wrong, I guess I'll have to drive to Dallas.

dbny
12-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks, but the two rinks in Fort Worth on that map are Fort Worth Ice (closed) and the Convention Center (which is also closed). Sigh, I was just hoping that I was wrong, I guess I'll have to drive to Dallas.

There are several rinks listed in Dallas suburbs which are closer to Ft. Worth. Take a look at the ones in Euless and Irving. Irving is almost as far as Dallas, but at least you don't have to actually go into the city.

mdvask8r
12-03-2009, 06:54 AM
I skated at Fort Worth Ice/Ridglea Iceland about two years ago. Had the ice to myself on a mid-morning session. It's just outside of FW on the way to Granbury. I skated there again on my way to the airport (Love Field) to fly home. Really sorry to hear it's closed! it's the closest rink to my Mom's house.