View Full Version : It's Snowing in my Rink

kander
12-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Not "at" my rink, "in" my rink. 8O They installed a snow machine and hung it from the ceiling. When you skate down one side you skate through snow. It was really neat. Has anybody else ever heard of this?

Clarice
12-01-2009, 04:50 AM
What does it do to the ice surface?

Isk8NYC
12-01-2009, 06:35 AM
I've never seen an indoor snow machine in use at an ice rink Kander.
It sounds like fun, as long as it doesn't mess up the ice. Sounds like you liked it too.

I've skated outdoors in the snow and it can be lovely. A crisp night and a light snow is lovely. Usually, the ice is so cold that the snow can't stick, so a light snow dances along in the wind. Very pretty.

Outdoors in a blizzard, monsoon, or Nor'easter - not so nice.
I did it anyway since it was the only ice I had, but it was cold and wet. Yuck.

jp1andOnly
12-01-2009, 08:40 AM
thats pretty cool. It would be great for a recreational public skate

kayskate
12-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Never heard of this. Sounds like lots of fun though.

Kay

liz_on_ice
12-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I've never seen an indoor snow machine in use at an ice rink Kander.
It sounds like fun, as long as it doesn't mess up the ice. Sounds like you liked it too.

I've skated outdoors in the snow and it can be lovely. A crisp night and a light snow is lovely. Usually, the ice is so cold that the snow can't stick, so a light snow dances along in the wind. Very pretty.

Outdoors in a blizzard, monsoon, or Nor'easter - not so nice.
I did it anyway since it was the only ice I had, but it was cold and wet. Yuck.

I skated in a snowstorm at Seaport Ice last year, which was fun although I caught an awful cold (I think it started before the skate, but really hit me later)

If you are in NYC and it is snowing, run, do not walk, to Rockefeller Center. Skating there in a snowfall is a treat not to be missed.