View Full Version : Figureskatewear.com

IceSk8r725
11-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Has anyone bought any dresses from them? I am considering purchasing Off-the-Rack Practice Dress 95970... but am worried about the skirt length. it looks like its on the shorter side, anyone have any experience with this dress? Also thinking about ordering the black pants... anyone have any comments about these?

Thanks!

mdvask8r
11-29-2009, 05:19 PM
I have several custom dresses by figureskatewear. Judy is fabulous. Her work is very high quality. The option of changing the skirt is mentioned on the website. I would give Judy a call and ask about adjusting the skirt.

Have not tried her pants/tights -- but I do know that Judy understands how to fit adult bodies.

Kim to the Max
11-29-2009, 05:26 PM
I can't help you with your fit question, but just so that you know, if you purchase on Monday (which is what I am planning on doing....there are 4 dresses calling my name!!), they are running a 15% off the off the rack dresses sale :)

Skittl1321
11-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Man I LOVE this woman's dresses. I haven't ordered from her, but have one of the practice dresses that I got from Rainbo Sports. It looks like the others I want have shorter skirts though (the triple keyhole back has a long enough skirt for me.)

I wonder if she can lengthen the skirt, or just switch to a dance skirt. (I find her dance skirts are TOO long...)

But yeah- just browsing over there there are about 8 dresses I want- though some of the colors I remember her having aren't there anymore, maybe Rainbo still has them in stock...

got2sk8
11-30-2009, 12:21 PM
I HIGHLY recommend Judy! Not only is she a wonderful dressmaker, but she is a wonderful person! I bought a dress from her for AN08 in Placid. She ended up joining us there and I got to meet her, spend time with her, and cheer her on in her skating.

If you are worried about the skirt length, contact her. The back of my dress was a "v" and I have to wear a bra so she sewed nude fabric over the mesh and I was able to wear the undergarments that I needed to.

Again, I highly recommend her and I LOVED my dress.