View Full Version : SkateWrecks: Episode III--Legends of the Fall

AgnesNitt
11-18-2009, 06:04 PM
My ligament in my ankle is almost healed. I figure another month and I'll be back to normal.
Now, over to you.

liz_on_ice
11-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I will not have an episode III. So there!

AgnesNitt
11-18-2009, 08:03 PM
I just couldn't resist the perfection of the title Legends of the Fall (1996, Brad Pitt, Aidan Quinn). Sorry.

Isk8NYC
11-18-2009, 09:45 PM
I will not have an episode III. So there!
ROFLOL - I think you're out of wrists to break, unless you're from Mars. Be safe.

liz_on_ice
11-19-2009, 06:49 PM
home safe after surgery on second broken wrist. Dr said went well, I have good drugs.

Isk8NYC
11-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Glad to hear it. Sleep well.

dbny
11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
(((((liz on ice))))) I was wondering if you were having surgery on the second one too. You're a real pro now ;). Hooray for good drugs!

skatingisheaven
11-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi! I just had to tell you that I love that song. Legends of the Fall was the first song I skated to. It's very beautiful, and perfect for skating. :)

liz_on_ice
12-02-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm back from having my stitches out after the second surgery. My hand is a lot less stiff than the left was at this stage, the fingers had more freedom in the bandage and since it's my dominant hand, I ended up doing more with it. Still mucho PT in my future, but it feels so good to have it out in the air, be able to wash, etc. :D

I had lunch with my coach afterwards, just to visit and schmooze. It was lovely, I've missed her. I only had the one lesson before the first fall took me out, so have hardly seen her since the end of spring. We're starting lessons after the New Year. I'm not taking a chance on damaging anything else and spoiling Christmas!

Isk8NYC
12-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Oh, I'm glad you're doing okay Liz.

jazzpants
12-02-2009, 07:54 PM
I had lunch with my coach afterwards, just to visit and schmooze. It was lovely, I've missed her. I only had the one lesson before the first fall took me out, so have hardly seen her since the end of spring. We're starting lessons after the New Year. I'm not taking a chance on damaging anything else and spoiling Christmas!
So does this mean you won't be able to make the annual Meetup this year? (Or just meet for food?)

liz_on_ice
12-02-2009, 08:14 PM
So does this mean you won't be able to make the annual Meetup this year? (Or just meet for food?)

ummm, when is it going to be again?

jazzpants
12-04-2009, 08:43 AM
ummm, when is it going to be again?
I'll be in town & available from day after Christmas. I fly back 1/4 (Monday.)
Does anyone know the schedule for the Hack or Aviator during that week?

liz_on_ice
12-04-2009, 09:02 AM
I'll be in town & available from day after Christmas. I fly back 1/4 (Monday.)

1/1 is my birthday, there could be skating :)

jazzpants
12-04-2009, 09:19 AM
1/1 is my birthday, there could be skating :)
Well, we'll have to see how your WRIST heals first!!! ;)

dbny: You think we could do a New Year's Birthday bash for her here? That will almost guarantee we'll have "dessert" afterwards. ;)

dbny
12-04-2009, 12:51 PM
dbny: You think we could do a New Year's Birthday bash for her here? That will almost guarantee we'll have "dessert" afterwards. ;)

That's a great idea. I have a pot luck to go to on 1/1, but it isn't all day, so if the timing is right, I could skate/party too. We usually go from noon to about 3, but I could leave earlier.

dbny
12-04-2009, 12:59 PM

Big surprise :roll:, Aviator does not yet have their schedule posted. Their "Public Session Hotline" has info for Sat, 11/28 :frus:.