View Full Version : "Skating Forward" book-Jan 15!

xofivebyfive
11-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I haven't been on here in a long time.. I've been really busy with school/life/craziness..

so, I've been lurking on here for a few weeks and, I love seeing everyone's progress! you all are doing SO well and I'm so happy for everyone! and hugs to everyone who isn't doing so well :(

There is a book coming out in January called "Skating Forward" and I am one of the skaters featured in it!! :D here is the description I got from the promo sheet the author sent me(was supposed to meet her in LP this weekend but.. I was in my hotel room the whole time :( )
Meet sixteen amazing figure skaters battling the odds every day. No physical limitations or personal challenges will keep them from the sport they love. Join these special young women on ice as they lace up their skates and celebrate life to the fullest

so, yeah it's coming out around January 15, just in time for Nationals and hopefully people will want to buy it? I've talked to some of the other girls in the book and.. they really have incredible stories to tell.

I'm so honored to be a part of this and I hope you guys will buy it if you can find it haha! If I get any more information I will post it. :) btw you guys are some of the sweetest, kindest, most genuine people I have ever (not)met. ;) Maybe it's because I relate more to older skaters like me who actually have to work to get anywhere with skating.. LOL.

Mrs Redboots
11-19-2009, 04:11 AM
Congratulations, Laura!

There are so many people - and you are one of them - who are skating against the most incredible odds; I know a couple of them personally and admire them tremendously. And for at least one of them, skating is the one thing that is keeping her out of a wheelchair!

PinkLaces
11-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Congrats on the book! I am newer to the boards so don't know your story. Please post again when the book hits store or Amazon. This book sounds like exactly the type of thing I would love to get for my daughter. She has to work twice as hard at her skating to get half as far as many of the girls at her rink. Sometimes, she gets discouraged, but she never gives up. This sounds like the perfect book for her.