View Full Version : Inexpensive Ice Dance dress?

Skittl1321
11-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Does anyone have any ideas of where I can get an ice dance dress for under $100? I need something for my first 2 tests.

Mainstreet skatewear has 2, but they both hit the knees, which seems long, and being only 5'0", it's going to be mid-calf.

I actually have a quite fancy tango costume from synchro, but it seems too much for a test.

herniated
11-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Ohhhh do I have some companies for you!!!! First of all on Mainstreet check out the site called 'Dance Dresses' not under skating dresses. Then click on Adult dresses. There is one I want it comes in red and black and looks like a halter and the skirt is mesh and falls mid thigh on the model.

Then there isa company Discount dance wear and dance wear solutions. Very inexpensive and gorgeous. I too am under 5'3" and have hemming issues. Unfortunately I don't remember the web site.

Kat12
11-11-2009, 05:23 PM
What about buying used?

Skittl1321
11-11-2009, 05:25 PM
What about buying used?

I'm up for it if you can point me to where I can find some? Ebay seems impossible, there aren't really any dancers in our area.

livestrong04
11-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Check out www.skate-mart.com

Look in the 'Specials' section on the right. Jerry's often has some pretty ice dance dresses and the skirts aren't as long as Mainstreets. They often have a really good sale around various holidays where you can get extra 20% off or more on the Specials items. Or free shipping. They have other brands with ice dance dresses, too. You just have to scroll through all the pages. The dance dresses are not always grouped together. The company is very good with shipping and so forth. But make sure you use the 'Check stock' function at bottom right of page. I ordered a dress once that was offered in my size (allowed me to add to shopping cart/purchase), only to find out a couple weeks later that I should have used the check stock function and I would have seen that it wasn't in my size after all. Look at pages 19 and 20 in the Jerry's Specials section (but look at other pages as they refresh the images and page numbers shift around).

dbny
11-11-2009, 11:24 PM
I have actually been thinking of selling the one I got on ebay from China. It's really just a tad too big for me. I think it might fit you. I don't know if the pic I posted previously is still up. I can post again later, but it's black with a bit of rhinestone trim around the neck and bodice and sleeves, with sweetheart neckline with illusion. PM me if you're interested. I paid $45 for it and would like to get my money back.

Mrs Redboots
11-12-2009, 06:11 AM
Buy a cheap disco dress in a colour and style that suits you. And wear big pants over the top of your tights to hold them up. I use Sloggi support ones which are supposed to hold your tummy in as well, but not sure that they do....

BlueSkate
11-12-2009, 07:08 AM
http://figureskatewear.com/practice_main.htm

One of my friends has one of their practise dresses and it's well made for the price. They have a couple of ice dance dresses in the practise range, they're fairly plain but then you don't want something overly fancy for tests.

Clarice
11-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Jessi, at all the dance tests I've been to in our area, the dancers wore black leotards and black wrap skirts. Get a dress if you like, by all means, but it isn't necessary for a test.

Skittl1321
11-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Jessi, at all the dance tests I've been to in our area, the dancers wore black leotards and black wrap skirts. Get a dress if you like, by all means, but it isn't necessary for a test.

Very good to know- since it's not unlikely I'll test at your club.

phoenix
11-12-2009, 10:14 AM
You could check the dress auction site--sometimes she puts one up w/ a longer skirt. Her things are very pretty.

http://www.calinskate.com/

sk8tmum
11-12-2009, 10:15 AM
You could check the dress auction site--sometimes she puts one up w/ a longer skirt. Her things are very pretty.

http://www.calinskate.com/

they've actually got a 48-hour sale on the main site ... some great deals.

www.skatingdress.com