View Full Version : Donating skating clothing

Virtualsk8r
10-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Anyone know where I can donate new/used skating clothing? I have 'new' dresses that were given to my organization but not sized or in style enough for the skaters.

ibreakhearts66
10-11-2009, 07:24 PM
You might just go to a public session and look out for any skaters who seem to love the sport but can't really afford it at a competitive level. I know there are some skaters are my rink who are still in the LTS program and may honestly never get to advance very far in the sport because of finances, but who love wearing dresses because of how it makes them feel.

Or, maybe you could sell them on ebay and donate the money to one of the skating foundations.

flo
10-11-2009, 07:50 PM
The rinks' skating directors and club officers would know who could use the dresses. Nice of you to do this!

RachelSk8er
10-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Do you have a local Special Olympics or adapted learn to skate program?? They are always looking for donations of apparel, skates, etc. Even if it's out of style, most of these kids don't care or realize that. All they know is that they are wearing a skating dress and it makes them feel pretty. Especially if they are bright colors.