View Full Version : Issues with being able to stop.

londonicechamp
10-09-2009, 06:02 AM
Hi

I have discovered that when I hit my sweet spot on the right boot, I can do one foot spin on anything from 6 to 10 revolutions. Sometimes I just cannot stop at all. Anyone knows how I can solve this problem.

Apologies if I have posted this question before.

londonicechamp

Skittl1321
10-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Can you clarify your question (the set up has me confused)- are you wondering how to stop spinning? Or how to stop when skating, and the information about spinning was just extra (and congrats 10 revs is excellent!)?

Isk8NYC
10-09-2009, 01:42 PM
In re-reading this for the fifteenth time, I think I know what the OP is asking. I really didn't get it until a few seconds ago.

To exit a one-foot spin, the skater lowers their free foot to the ice, checks to the landing-side, then toes in gently to "pull" themselves out onto their landing foot, gliding on a BO edge. The spinning foot is lifted in front, then gently pulled to the rear to complete the glide out on the opposite foot.

Or, you can just put your free foot down and push your feet apart on the inside edges - that'll stop you quickly.

londonicechamp
10-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi skittl1321

My question is actually about how to stop spinning when skating. Sorry for the confusion.

Well, on the good days, I usually manage about 10 revolutions some of the time. And yes, it takes me hours and hours of practice before I reach that level.

londonicechamp

sk8joyful
04-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Well, on good days, I usually manage about 10 revolutions, some of the time.
And yes, it takes me hours and hours of practice before I reach that level.

Just yesterday someone here posted that on feeling the Sweet-spot, you just keep on spinning, is this right?
IF that's right, does it take "hours & hours of practice" to find the Sweet-spot on the blade? - or is it something else?

Thanks! for added insights :)