View Full Version : In or Out?

dull sk8fan
09-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Do you prefer different kind of colored tights in figure skating like red,blue green,etc or just the tan,discuss.

RachelSk8er
09-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Do you prefer different kind of colored tights in figure skating like red,blue green,etc or just the tan,discuss.

For practice, wear whatever floats your boat (I play roller derby, the general rule with tights, especially at practice, is the more ridiculous the better, so I'm used to it).

For competition, almost always go nude unless they serve a purpose with your costume. Colored tights are a little more acceptable for interp (and sometimes for free dance) if they work with a costume. I've seen black tights work on a few occasions. You don't want anything to be a distraction from your skating.

ibreakhearts66
09-30-2009, 07:37 PM
I've never really seen a skater in anything but nude tights or black leggings. I think I've seen a few skaters in black tights, and I once wore black fishnets over my nude tights for an artistic, but I just find nude tights to be the most aesthetically pleasing (although that might just have to do with nude being the norm).

hanca
10-01-2009, 05:58 AM
I am traditional. Nude tights for me.

Mrs Redboots
10-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Me too - skin-coloured tights all the way! At least, for competition - for practice, usually navy or black, to match my practice-skirts. Assuming I'm wearing a skirt, that is (I don't, always).