View Full Version : Deborah Burgoyne North American Comp. - January 23 & 24

w.w.west
09-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Announcement is available! Contact wyandotteskater@msn.com.

flying~camel
09-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Woohoo! I love competition season! :D

I'll be there! Only doing A/D interp this year, though.

RachelSk8er
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
I'll be there! Silver I free, and I need to get through Buckeye and my moves test before I think of what else I'm doing (probably some combo of pre-silver/silver/pre-gold solo dance, maybe gold compulsory, maybe masters interp).

dance2sk8
09-25-2009, 12:24 PM
This will be my competition debut. I am classified as pre-bronze but may test for Bronze before the end of the year so if I am good enough, I can head to Nationals...maybe..... Not giving away all my secrets yet of my capabilities. LOL! :lol:

singerskates
09-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Is this competition going to be a "Cross Border CAN/US Invitational" competition? IF so please post it at CAS under Cross Border CAN/US/MEX Competitions Thanks.

Stormy
09-26-2009, 05:14 PM
If there's any possible way that the Gold free can be scheduled on Saturday, I'll come out for it. I can't do NYI next year since it's the same weekend at Synchro Easterns and I NEEEEEEED a competition before Adult Easterns.

mr7740
09-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Any idea why the Gold / Pre Gold Solo dances are not aligned with the dances for Adult Nationals? I think the Cha Cha, Hickory, and American are all also dances at Adult Nationals, but the Rocker and Paso are not. I don't know if I can attend, but if I do I probably wouldn't do dance unless they were the same dances.

sk8er1964
09-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Any idea why the Gold / Pre Gold Solo dances are not aligned with the dances for Adult Nationals? I think the Cha Cha, Hickory, and American are all also dances at Adult Nationals, but the Rocker and Paso are not. I don't know if I can attend, but if I do I probably wouldn't do dance unless they were the same dances.

I've already contacted the LOC. They're going to look into this and fix, I believe. I only mentioned the pre-bronze/bronze/pre-silver issue to her, because I don't know the higher ones. You might want to contact her too about that.

techskater
09-27-2009, 06:14 PM
If there's any possible way that the Gold free can be scheduled on Saturday, I'll come out for it. I can't do NYI next year since it's the same weekend at Synchro Easterns and I NEEEEEEED a competition before Adult Easterns.

It usually IS all day Saturday only

RachelSk8er
09-27-2009, 06:49 PM
I've already contacted the LOC. They're going to look into this and fix, I believe. I only mentioned the pre-bronze/bronze/pre-silver issue to her, because I don't know the higher ones. You might want to contact her too about that.

Already covered, I emailed Mary about the high ones when the announcement came out. She said they'd discuss/fix, hopefully to align more with ANs. The skater who is in charge isn't a dancer and I believe she looked at the first round dances for partner dance, not the solo dances.

w.w.west
09-27-2009, 07:50 PM

Most likely will be only one day. She probably got sanction for both. I'd contact Mary though. Would be cool if you came!! : )

Stormy
09-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Most likely will be only one day. She probably got sanction for both. I'd contact Mary though. Would be cool if you came!! : )

Awesome! Barring anything unforseen, count me in! I did send an e-mail to get the announcement but didn't hear back, is it posted online anywhere? I checked sk8stuff and didn't see it yet.

w.w.west
09-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Awesome! Barring anything unforseen, count me in! I did send an e-mail to get the announcement but didn't hear back, is it posted online anywhere? I checked sk8stuff and didn't see it yet.

You'll probably hear back from her today. It's not posted online anywhere yet. It does take a while to get it on sk8stuff. Don is super busy and it has been taking awhile to get things up especially since he has a real job too. It will be there eventually. You can PM me your email and I'll send it to you. I'm going to try to figure out a way to get it on Facebook too.

RachelSk8er
09-28-2009, 09:45 AM
You'll probably hear back from her today. It's not posted online anywhere yet. It does take a while to get it on sk8stuff. Don is super busy and it has been taking awhile to get things up especially since he has a real job too. It will be there eventually. You can PM me your email and I'll send it to you. I'm going to try to figure out a way to get it on Facebook too.

I'll add it to the CAS yahoo group database if it's not there already, too.

w.w.west
09-28-2009, 09:58 AM
I'll add it to the CAS yahoo group database if it's not there already, too.

Cool thanks! Not sure if she has done that or not.

RachelSk8er
09-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Cool thanks! Not sure if she has done that or not.

Yeah it was already there under "files" when I checked.

WOOOO for Rachelsk8er and Stormy crazy fun time!!!! Ummmmmmmmm why do I feel like a couples interp would be a good idea??

Black Sheep
09-28-2009, 11:54 AM
When's the deadline?

Stormy
09-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah it was already there under "files" when I checked.

WOOOO for Rachelsk8er and Stormy crazy fun time!!!! Ummmmmmmmm why do I feel like a couples interp would be a good idea??

Because it WOULD be a good idea. :D

RachelSk8er
09-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Because it WOULD be a good idea. :D

Clearly one of the best ideas we've ever had. Other than our 2005 spy mission.

sk8er1964
10-01-2009, 08:12 PM
New announcement is out with corrected solo dances.