View Full Version : what level is this spin

Franco
09-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Hello, i was wandering what level is my spin

Foward Shotgun Sit spin 8 revolution, change position to Pancake 4 revs

NoVa Sk8r
09-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Assuming you are in a true sit position for both features (sit = "lower part of the buttocks not higher than the upper part of the knee of the skating leg, the upper part of the skating leg at least parallel to the ice"), then it's a level 3 sit spin (SSp3) worth 2.1 points.

If you do the pancake in the back sit position, then it's a level 3 change foot sit spin (CSSp3) worth 2.6 points.

doubletoe
09-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Yep. What Nova said.

Franco
09-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Thank you!

i'm doing this spin in correct sit spin position shotgun.. but after the shotgun and pancake y cant do a change of foot to back sit beacause i get really dizzy.

When i do the shotgun leaning the forehead on the knee i get dizzy

any one has a tip for this?

Sorry for me english

Thank you

SkatEn
09-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Okay I can't really contribute to the thread but I'm got a similar "what level is this?" question.

If it's a back sit (CCW, right) 6 rev, tuck under with twisting of torso for 3 rev, and then change of direction forward sit( CW, right) on a forward edge for 3 rev, What is it called? CSp3 or 4? Or is it CCSp?

What about a forward sit (CCW, left) 6 rev, broken leg with layover (twist torso) 3 rev, change direction to forward sit (CW, left) on a forward edge?

doubletoe
09-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Okay I can't really contribute to the thread but I'm got a similar "what level is this?" question.

If it's a back sit (CCW, right) 6 rev, tuck under with twisting of torso for 3 rev, and then change of direction forward sit( CW, right) on a forward edge for 3 rev, What is it called? CSp3 or 4? Or is it CCSp?

What about a forward sit (CCW, left) 6 rev, broken leg with layover (twist torso) 3 rev, change direction to forward sit (CW, left) on a forward edge?

On the first one, did you mean CW on the right foot for the second part? You can't do a CCW backspin and change direction to a CW forward spin because they are both on the right foot and you aren't allowed to put your other foot down in-between. You need to do CCW backspin then CW backspin or CCW forward spin then CW forward spin.
Are you doing a back edge for at least two revolutions in addition to the forward edge after you change feet? You need to do at least two revolutions on each edge for the change of edge feature to count.
Also, if you're going for a level feature with number of revolutions, you need to get 8 (if not going for a level feature, then all you need is 2).

SkatEn
09-27-2009, 12:36 PM
On the first one, did you mean CW on the right foot for the second part? You can't do a CCW backspin and change direction to a CW forward spin because they are both on the right foot and you aren't allowed to put your other foot down in-between. You need to do CCW backspin then CW backspin or CCW forward spin then CW forward spin.
Are you doing a back edge for at least two revolutions in addition to the forward edge after you change feet? You need to do at least two revolutions on each edge for the change of edge feature to count.
Also, if you're going for a level feature with number of revolutions, you need to get 8 (if not going for a level feature, then all you need is 2).

Sorry, I meant right foot!
Thanks for the clarifications! Hmm... It'll be interesting if it's possible to change direction without putting the other foot down!