View Full Version : Ideas for Holiday Show Number

Skate@Delaware
09-10-2009, 01:24 PM
We have the theme for this year's Holiday show...it will be Christmas Carols and Scrooge.

The other ladies and I want to be a feature (which is more like a spotlight piece) we will probably get the "OK" from our skating director to do what we want if we come up with something (and if he doesn't have to do the choreo so much the better).

Any ideas for something that is nice but not cutesy? We are not sure if we will be skating with a guy-otherwise we would do "Santa Baby" and run with that. I'd like to have about 5-6 numbers to run by the other girls to select from.

Thanks!!!

Black Sheep
09-10-2009, 05:47 PM
"Wreck the Malls" by The Waitresses! :lol:

Skate@Delaware
09-10-2009, 07:58 PM
"Wreck the Malls" by The Waitresses! :lol:
Thanks for this suggestion, I'll have to look harder for it-can't find it on iTunes but they get snippy with what artists they carry.

We are excited to do our "own" number..we've paid our dues so to speak; we are the only adult class members that skate in the shows and have done so since the beginning days of the rink.

Skittl1321
09-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I've always been a big fan to "dominic the christmas donkey".

I can't recall what music they used, but an adult group a few years ago dressed like penguins and brought out trashcan lids that they used to slide around on their bellies.

Skate@Delaware
09-10-2009, 08:13 PM
I've always been a big fan to "dominic the christmas donkey".

I can't recall what music they used, but an adult group a few years ago dressed like penguins and brought out trashcan lids that they used to slide around on their bellies.
We actually have a penguin outfit! It's our rink mascot and I wore it once (when we first got it). I bet that number was fun to do!

I'm going to suggest we do a skating number from Charlie Brown's Christmas special. It would be cool (heck I'll dress up like charlie brown) and cute!

londonicechamp
09-11-2009, 06:20 AM
Hi

What about some soundtracks from Cinderella on Ice?

londonicechamp

Skittl1321
09-11-2009, 07:03 AM
We actually have a penguin outfit! It's our rink mascot and I wore it once (when we first got it). I bet that number was fun to do!

I'm going to suggest we do a skating number from Charlie Brown's Christmas special. It would be cool (heck I'll dress up like charlie brown) and cute!

was it charlie brown or the muppet babies that you never saw adults upper halves?
If it's Charlie brown it would be funny if the adults wore non-descript top costumes (to not be seen) and WILD leggings. Of course, no one would get it and think you were crazy, and now that I think about it- that was the muppet babies, so it's moot

happysk8tes
09-11-2009, 09:02 AM
I've always wanted to skate to "I"ve got my love to keep me warm" as sung by Billie Holiday.

"Off with my overcoat, off with my gloves"

Fun lyrics.

Skate@Delaware
09-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Of course, there is ALWAYS the bits from Grinch...the little Who's were ADORABLE! That would be a hoot!

sk8lady
09-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I think you could do a pretty funny routine to Santa Baby without having a guy on the ice--plant a guy out in the audience in a santa suit, then at the end have him ham his way to the music down to the ice so you could all drape yourselves around him like Ziegfield Follies girls!