View Full Version : Tights

Kat12
09-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know the "model number" of the really heavyweight, sweater-knit, keep-you-warm Mondor tights? I've been trying to look online and can't figure it out, and I so rarely see people wearing them that it's not really possible to ask anyone else (or at least I assume that's what they're wearing, though they look heavier than the pictures I see online). I want to ask the rink shop if they can order them in, if they don't already stock them, but would like to be able to give them the actual number so I don't end up with the wrong thing.

They're not even on Mondor's site that I can see...they didn't discontinue them, did they?

Mel On Ice
09-08-2009, 07:28 PM
if they are the same as my favorite tights, I think that yes they did

Kat12
09-08-2009, 07:40 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! What were they thinking???

somebody, somewhere, must still have a few pairs! *runs to Google*

(Also, is there such a thing as fishnet OTB skating tights, or does one just make one's own out of footed tights?)

Skate@Delaware
09-08-2009, 08:00 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! What were they thinking???

somebody, somewhere, must still have a few pairs! *runs to Google*

(Also, is there such a thing as fishnet OTB skating tights, or does one just make one's own out of footed tights?)
Danskin has fishnet tights...some are footless. I guess if you want complete OTB ones (like from times past) then get the footed ones and cut them.

dbny
09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Are these (http://jenskates.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=33) the Mondor's you are looking for?

Kat12
09-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I don't think so...I think, from what I can gather, that what I am looking for are the 3364, which seem to have been discontinued and replaced by the 3367, which may also have been discontinued (these (http://jenskates.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=31)). I wonder what the difference is between the two (as I've found sites that sell the 3367 and also their last stock of the 3364) and if one is better. That was half my confusion, plus the photos on websites seem to be always stock photos that I assume look nothing like these tights (like the one on the link above), plus so many of their tights are described as "heavyweight" but I've seen these (I assume they're these) on a couple people and they really are heavy. But I see a few places do carry them online, so if I can't get my rink shop to order them I might go that route.

fsk8r
09-09-2009, 01:21 AM
Are you thinking of the ribbed ones that Mondor does? I've got a couple of old pairs that I could look the code up on if they're the ones. I don't really like them because I wear the footed ones stretch on the feet, but the O/B ones really last well and are easy to sew up when you get holes in them.

Kat12
09-09-2009, 06:37 AM
^I think those are the ones. Though I'm planning on getting the footless, but the numbers should be similar, thanks!

Skate@Delaware
09-09-2009, 07:13 AM
this website is still listing all of those models:
http://www.icesk8.com/access35.htm

scroll down and look at the pics (which include a closeup). I had worn the 3364's but only have one pair left. I used to wear them UNDER my regular tights but now just wear flesh-colored under armour (holds my crash pads in better).

fsk8r
09-09-2009, 08:01 AM
^I think those are the ones. Though I'm planning on getting the footless, but the numbers should be similar, thanks!

I checked the two pairs I've got and neither of them have the product number on them! Although looking at Skate@Delware's link I think the one's I've got are the rib knit ones (3364 and that series).

Morgail
09-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I bought some of those last fall (not sure if they're the 3364 or 3367 ones...I can check the tag when I get home). I wear them over a pair of thick, footed tights to stay toasty warm in the winter.

Kat12
09-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Delaware, I was looking at that site yesterday (that was actually the one I was thinking of when I mentioned some sites having both). Sure can't beat their prices, esp. on the 3364s, and if they'd be really expensive at my skate shop I might just order online (though I do like to support my local shops). Has anyone ever ordered from them before? I find it strange that they don't have online ordering.

I was planning on getting two pairs anyway to layer, so was thinking of getting one pair of each and seeing which I like better.

FigureSk8Dad
09-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Kat, you might try Pickwick Ice Center in Burbank, CA. I have bought those for my daughter several times from them. I think they just refer to them as sweater tights from Mondor.

daisies
09-11-2009, 02:41 PM
3364 is the ribbed footless tight -- the sweater tights. 3367 isn't ribbed or sweater-like, it's smooth, but still thick. I much preferred the 3364, because the 3367 tended to roll up.