View Full Version : "revised" Fiesta Tango?

phoenix
09-01-2009, 04:44 PM
PSA sent out a note today that the USFS has added the "redrawn" Fiesta Tango pattern to their pages. I looked at it--it looks like the same pattern we've been doing all these years....

I didn't compare it to the old diagram--did they just re-draw it, or are there actual changes to the pattern that I'm missing?

sk8lady
09-01-2009, 05:45 PM
I was also told by one of the Lake Placid coaches that the Hickory Hoedown was redrawn. I took a quick look and I'm not sure I see much difference--the 3 turn looks as though it's all the way down at the bottom (or top, I suppose) of the hockey circle as opposed to the side.

dbny
09-01-2009, 08:58 PM
PSA sent out a note today that the USFS has added the "redrawn" Fiesta Tango pattern to their pages. I looked at it--it looks like the same pattern we've been doing all these years....

I didn't compare it to the old diagram--did they just re-draw it, or are there actual changes to the pattern that I'm missing?

I didn't get that one yet. I'm currently working on the Fiesta, so I hope it isn't anything significant.

Clarice
09-01-2009, 09:41 PM
As far as I can tell, the only change was on the description, where they added a line specifying reverse kilian hold for steps 1-10, switch to kilian on step 11 for the rest of the dance.

RachelSk8er
09-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Did they maybe just fix the way some of the patterns were drawn in the last publication of the rulebook? It's been ages since I looked at anything lower than silver in a rulebook, but I know some of the higher level dances had lobes, angles of some of the turns, and other places drawn kind of weird and didn't actually match they way the pattern is actually skated.

icedancer2
09-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Did they maybe just fix the way some of the patterns were drawn in the last publication of the rulebook? It's been ages since I looked at anything lower than silver in a rulebook, but I know some of the higher level dances had lobes, angles of some of the turns, and other places drawn kind of weird and didn't actually match they way the pattern is actually skated.

This was so true! We looked at some of those patterns and determined that some of the patterns were actually totally unskatable! It was as though a computer had drawn them (or a person who knew nothing about skating OR ice-dance!