View Full Version : Phantom K Picks

Pandora
08-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Does anyone have Phantom K s?
Have been skating on inlines for a while, but now must return to ice since the only roller rink in the area is closing. :cry: I was originally a quad (roller) skater so I feel more comfortable on the inlines (always feel like I am "slipping" on the ice takeoffs). Used to have Pattern 99s, but now getting Phantom K's because of the cross cut toe rake. Hoping that between that and the K picks I have the least "slippy" of the toepicks. Does anyone have these blades? Do you notice a difference on jump takeoffs?

xgskate
08-22-2009, 11:07 PM
I have MK Professional with K-pick. I did notice the difference from my old MK Club 2000. But this is really comparing apples to oranges, since K-pick is not the only difference between the two and the difference I felt might have been the result of some other factors that I don't realize.

But as soon as I got used to it, it became business as usual. One still has to fix whatever problem one has to skate better. In some sense, better technology helps to hide one's technique defects better.

I am sure K-pick or not, you will enjoy skating.

Does anyone have Phantom K s?
Have been skating on inlines for a while, but now must return to ice since the only roller rink in the area is closing. :cry: I was originally a quad (roller) skater so I feel more comfortable on the inlines (always feel like I am "slipping" on the ice takeoffs). Used to have Pattern 99s, but now getting Phantom K's because of the cross cut toe rake. Hoping that between that and the K picks I have the least "slippy" of the toepicks. Does anyone have these blades? Do you notice a difference on jump takeoffs?

Pandora
08-23-2009, 02:17 AM
Thanks. Yes, definitely going for the technology angle here. ;) (Just skate for fun, not competition. :))

antmanb
08-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Just out of interest has anyone gone from their usual blades, to the same blades but with K-Picks?

What are the differences and would you recommend the change?

Ant