View Full Version : Am I the only chat member who skates in Newington,CT.?

FSWer
08-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Say,am I the only On Ice Skater chat member that skates in Newington? Just wondering if I'm alone.

happysk8tes
08-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Did you attend the skating show last night, the fundraiser in memory of the adult skater David Drake? The Protopopovs were scheduled to perform. And they're giving a clinic today.

I live about two hours away. I wanted to attend but was ill yesterday. If you went, please give us a report!

Also, who are the male ice dance coaches in Newington? Does Mathew Gates coach there?

Thanks!
Pat

FSWer
08-16-2009, 10:00 AM
No,I wanted to go,but didn't get the chance. But you sound you also might be able to help me with letting me know when shows/competitions come up at Newington Arena.I don't remember the male names. But my coaches name for Learn to Skate was a girl named Caitlin. I am not sure how she spells her last name. But it begins with a P.

rsk8d
08-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Yes, Mathew Gates teaches there. Worth the pretty penny for lessons- got me through my senior moves.

I'm next door in Cromwell.

FSWer
08-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Yes, Mathew Gates teaches there. Worth the pretty penny for lessons- got me through my senior moves.

Really? What does he teach?

rsk8d
08-16-2009, 09:17 PM
"Really? What does he teach? "

-Ice Dance. Last I knew of he was there, yet he moves around frequently, and may be gone again?!

happysk8tes
08-18-2009, 09:26 AM
No,I wanted to go,but didn't get the chance. But you sound you also might be able to help me with letting me know when shows/competitions come up at Newington Arena.I don't remember the male names. But my coaches name for Learn to Skate was a girl named Caitlin. I am not sure how she spells her last name. But it begins with a P.

A friend from Lake Placid told me about the show. Another friend from LP skated in it. I never knew David Drake, but I know he loved to skate in Lake Placid.

I'll be glad to post if I hear about any other shows in Newington.

Pat

happysk8tes
08-18-2009, 09:30 AM

Thanks. And Congrats on the Senior Moves!

I want to find a male dance coach, and I know I'll have to travel at least two hours to find one.

Pat