View Full Version : Lake Placid

IceSk8r725
08-13-2009, 10:28 PM
I am trying to figure out who I am going to take lessons from when I am in Lake Placid... is there any way that I can get a list of how much coaches charge/hour. Last year I was a little surprised at how much my lessons with one coach cost (although they were fantastic!) I am looking for someone a bit more in my budget this year...

mdvask8r
08-14-2009, 05:30 AM
Welcome!
I'll be at LP too!
Check your PMs for a note from me.

happysk8tes
08-14-2009, 10:02 AM
I've also PM'd you about my favorite coach in Lake Placid.

I hope you both have a great time. I was at the June week and as always had the best time ever. I'll be with you in spirit. : )

Pat

Pandora
08-26-2009, 06:05 AM
Would love to go to Lake Placid for Adult Week next year. Was wondering...

Do you have to take lessons with the coaches there or can you just go to skate the practice sessions for fun?
At the practice sessions, are they all organized so that you have to do group lessons (stroking, etc.) or is there time to just practice on your own? (I don't take lessons, I just skate for fun.)

Would love to go and meet other skaters.....But have many questions. Tried looking at the info on the Lake Placid site, but couldn't find the answer to these questions (or missed it.)

2salch0w
08-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Would love to go to Lake Placid for Adult Week next year. Was wondering...

Do you have to take lessons with the coaches there or can you just go to skate the practice sessions for fun?
At the practice sessions, are they all organized so that you have to do group lessons (stroking, etc.) or is there time to just practice on your own? (I don't take lessons, I just skate for fun.)

Would love to go and meet other skaters.....But have many questions. Tried looking at the info on the Lake Placid site, but couldn't find the answer to these questions (or missed it.)

The nice thing about LP Adult week is that it is very flexible. You register and pay for the ice time, which gets you on any session you want all week. So yes, you may just practice and have fun if you want.

There are also a bunch of group lessons each day, probably 10-12 of them per day, that are 25 minutes in length and for very specific things. For example, "Loop Jump" or "Sit spins" or "Silver moves in the field". These are $13 each and you can take as many as you want, or none at all. You just buy a group lesson ticket at the box office and show up at the designated time, usually between 11am - 2pm.

You may also schedule a lesson with a specific coach and pay their 25 min or 50 min price, which is also done at the box office. (Schedule the time w/ the coach directly.)

Tim

Pandora
08-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the info! :)
Yes, that sounds like it would work out well....:)

One question: During the group lessons, are they the only skaters allowed on the ice, or do they share the ice and the other skaters just give them right of way like a normal lesson?

sk8lady
08-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Depends on the lesson...I did a camel spin class this afternoon where the class had the entire USA rink, and then a dance class this evening that was shared with about 5 Italian ice dance couples preparing for the ice dance championships, plus 5 or 6 kids from the kids' camp.

Pandora
08-27-2009, 05:14 AM
Wow, that sounds great!! :)
Do they go by test levels? Or are all levels allowed on ice at the same time? (This might be a problem since I don't test.)