View Full Version : How are Jr. national selections made?

fina107
08-01-2009, 09:37 AM
I've tried looking up on USFSA web site to get some guidelines on how juvenile or intermediate skaters qualify for jr. nationals, but I didn't have any luck. Is it based on more than top finish in qualifying Regionals or is also based on that combined with competition wins?

phoenix
08-01-2009, 09:47 AM
It's Regionals only, except for pairs & dance, which go directly to JN--they no longer have to qualify.

Debbie S
08-01-2009, 05:47 PM
It's Regionals only, except for pairs & dance, which go directly to JN--they no longer have to qualify.Pairs and dance teams have to qualify at Sectionals. There was a direct advancement to JN a few years ago, but only for 1 year until they made provisions for the events at Sectionals. I think it's the top 8 at each Sectional that advance.

techskater
08-02-2009, 10:29 AM
I've tried looking up on USFSA web site to get some guidelines on how juvenile or intermediate skaters qualify for jr. nationals, but I didn't have any luck. Is it based on more than top finish in qualifying Regionals or is also based on that combined with competition wins?

It's based on the total population at a level in qualifying and the number of skaters in your Region. More populous regions get more "spots" but the min number is 4 per Region.