View Full Version : Looking for Sample Synchronized Skating Competition Announcement

jskater49
07-31-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm writing up our announcement for our competition and we offer a synchronized skating event but have been using the same announcement for several years and I know the rules have changed because last year teams would call us up all confused about the rules.

Yes I know I can look it up in the rule book but what I'm looking for is a sample announcement I can just copy because I really just don't know anything about synchronized skating and I need to have this announcement submitted for sanction, like yesterday.

Thanks if you can help me out!

j

RachelSk8er
07-31-2009, 08:42 AM
If you're USFS, you're going to have to use the rulebook. Most clubs are in the same boat--updating entry forms based on the changes that went through at governing council in May. You'll need the most recent rulebook. There isn't much. You could also pull the reports of what passed from governing council

Changes applicable to a non qualifying competition are age changes for a few levels (I think novice went up, adult dopped the 25% must be 25+ and it's now just a flat 21+, may be others). There were also a few changes to well balanced program requirements. If you list them in your announcement, double check against the most recent rulebook. I know a few open levels have changes. Otherwise, if you just reference the well balanced stuff, make sure you're referencing the right sections.

This shouldn't be too big of a deal, coaches have to be on top of this stuff at the start of a season when they put teams and programs together.

If you're ISI, I have no idea what got changed....I know nothing about ISI synchro.

jskater49
08-01-2009, 07:35 AM
I took the easy way out. I did find the different levels, described them and then said to refer to the rule book.