View Full Version : I haven't gone skating since March...

IceSkateRuth
07-19-2009, 05:40 PM
The last time I skated I failed basic 4 (because I messed up on my forward cross-overs and 3-turns), and that was also in March. I can't go skating because my dad doesn't have enough money and my roller blades are messed up now. How can I practice so I won't totally forget everything? Please help me, there's absolutely nothing I can do. I'm already practicing my splits.

dbny
07-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Check with your local rinks. Some actually have a free public session once a week in the summer. Also, watch lots of good skating on youtube. Just watching can help a lot. Pay attention to edges, turns, posture, etc.

RachelSk8er
07-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Hopefully you can get back on the ice soon!

A lot of kids in basic skills don't skate much or at all in the spring/summer either.

You should see if your parents will let you go to public session once a week if you do some chores or something else around the house (or do you get an allowance that you could pay for it)? Are you old enough to babysit, walk dogs, or do other things to earn a little money to help pay for skating?

I see you're from Cleveland. Strongsville and Winterhurst have public sessions every day that are not crowded and pretty cheap (I think $4 for a kid, and you can skate as long as you want). I'm sure there are cheap sessons at Pavilion or any of the other rinks, too.