View Full Version : If you were asked to be a Skating Partner..would you accept and why?

FSWer
06-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Say,if you were asked by a member on the Board to be their Skating Partner..would you except...and why? I myself would surely accept the offer if asked. As I would feel it to be an honor to be asked by someone from the Board. To me..I would feel special. Ok people....GO!!!

Isk8NYC
06-25-2009, 07:45 AM
I would accept, if:

. we were geographically compatible. (Live in the same area/skate at the same rink)
. we had the same/similar goals for the partnership.
. we were approximately the same skating level.
. we skated well together during a few trial runs.

I wouldn't be interested in Pairs, only Dance.

herniated
06-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Same as Isk8nyc. Exactly the same.

SkatEn
06-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Board you mean here?

Haha well rare chance of that! here, male skaters my age are like needle in a haystack. No wait, needle in the sea!

I've always wanted to try pairs skating though.

Elly86
06-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I want to skate pairs so badly! There are no male skaters at my rink, so I probably would accept haha. But I do agree with Isk8NYC's conditions. ;)

Skate@Delaware
06-25-2009, 08:17 PM
I've pretty much given up on getting a freestyle pair partner. I can't:
-find anyone my level at my rink
-near my age
-tall enough
-cause the wife won't let them (cause they spend too much time playing hockey anyway LOL-all the guys I ask are hockey players and although some thought about it the missus said "NO" even after I said hockey skates are ok for now); we have no figure-skating guys.

Isk8NYC
06-25-2009, 08:19 PM
But I do agree with Isk8NYC's conditions. ;)Yeah, but I'm like the picky spinster. All those conditions and no matching candidates, lol. I did ice dance with a friend last year for a few sessions, but he was so much better than me. He was very kind to humor me for so many weeks.

londonicechamp
06-26-2009, 12:18 AM
I totally agree with SkatEn. I won't be interested in Pairs skating, as too few males here. Maybe one day when my husband is retired, and I am still able to skate, then we will form a partnership, haha. :D

londonicechamp

miraclegro
06-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Well, i'd probably have to be really good to be asked.

So that is ruled out; and there are not that many Adult Gold level males out there who'd want to align themselves with me, since there are none near me. So, i guess i don't have a "why" to if anyone were to ask me.

If he looked like Paul Wylie, then i would have my answer right there.

Query
06-27-2009, 09:25 PM
My answer is Yes! I'd love to do it.

But I'm one of the guys who isn't good enough for gals like Isk8NYC.

Only tested the first 3 dances, might pass the next three if I worked hard enough at it. Will never be good enough to seriously compete. Pairs is really out of my league, as I jump and spin like an elephant. Don't look like Paul Wylie. Around here, that isn't good enough, for lady skaters or for their picky coaches.

Unless you know someone near MD/DC who isn't so picky? I don't even look anymore.

phoenix
06-27-2009, 11:39 PM
My answer is Yes! I'd love to do it.

But I'm one of the guys who isn't good enough for gals like Isk8NYC.

Only tested the first 3 dances, might pass the next three if I worked hard enough at it. Will never be good enough to seriously compete. Pairs is really out of my league, as I jump and spin like an elephant. Don't look like Paul Wylie. Around here, that isn't good enough, for lady skaters or for their picky coaches.

Unless you know someone near MD/DC who isn't so picky? I don't even look anymore.

Well, the thing is it's pretty miserable for all concerned to be skating with a mis-matched partner. I've been on both sides of that, and it really isn't any fun at all. I also did have a partner who was a close match, and we did have a lot of fun together. So unless you find someone who's a pretty close match skill-wise, you probably aren't going to find someone who wants to skate with you. My advice would be to find another beginner.