View Full Version : Congratulations to Kay!

Bill_S
06-22-2009, 06:56 PM
I see that Kay is celebrating the tenth anniversary of her online skating journal. I came across it quite a few years back and instantly related to the stories, subjects, and opinions written by her. I know that others here on this board read her material regularly too.

Anyway thanks, Kay, for putting your heart out there. Also, may your novel be acquired by Hollywood for a major motion picture! :lol:

For those who don't know, here's the url for Kay's Figure Skating Journal...

http://www.skatejournal.com/journalindex.html

Keep the entries coming!

montanarose
06-22-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm another fan of Kay's skate journal and website. I've been following it/her for the better part of ten years. While I enjoyed her novel, I've appreciated her journal even more. She's shared so many things that many of us who are -- ahem! -- middle-aged or so can relate to: her problems with injuries (she and I even broke our ankles at about the same time and were able to commiserate); struggling to maintain fitness in the midst of trying to eke out a life and earn a living; dealing with elderly parents, ailing spouses and sucky coworkers; trying to keep the joy of skating alive in spite of all reality to the contrary, and so much more.

Thanks, Kay, for letting us all into your life for lo these many years :bow: by keeping up with your journal and being so honest and self-effacing. As Neil Young says, "long may you run."

Skittl1321
06-23-2009, 08:38 AM
WOW! What an incredible milestone. I found her journal in 2005, and read all the back entries at the time. I still check in, even though she isn't skating for herself much anymore. It shows an incredible progression over time.

techskater
06-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Congrats, Kay!

Thin-Ice
06-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Hurray for Kay! And thanks for putting the final chapter of your novel on-line. I've been one of your readers since your second month. It's one of the ways I destress from work and get back into my "real life"... the skating, the family issues, the trips, all of it, has been a sanity saver on some days.

kayskate
06-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Wow. I just saw this thread. Thank you so much for your kind words! It has been a long road so far.

I have one more chapter of the novel to post and plan to write an epilogue. I can't believe I have have kept at the writing of journal and novel for so long. Actually, after 10 yrs, I can't image not writing it.

Kay

FSWer
06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Just wanted to say.........congratulations Kay!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep up the good work!!!!

Kat12
06-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Greeeeaaaaat....thanks to this post, I'm now addicted to the novel! I'd never thought to read it on previous visits! And I'm only on Chapter 21!

kayskate
06-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Just posted the last chapter of my novel. This is the first story I have actually finished other than those that had a due date. I may also write an epilogue this summer, but I have not started it yet.

www.skatejournal.com/novelindex.html

Kay

FSWer
06-29-2009, 08:14 PM
I was looking at the photos on your site and I don't remember if you ever told us Kay. But if not...I never knew you were a Learn to Skate Coach.

kayskate
06-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I was looking at the photos on your site and I don't remember if you ever told us Kay. But if not...I never knew you were a Learn to Skate Coach.

Yup. I've posted quite a bit on the parents/coaches forum. Also private coaching.

Kay

Query
06-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Just posted the last chapter of my novel.

Yeah! Congratulations on an excellent job.

And imaginary congrats to your imaginary character on her triumphs.

Everyone should read!

Kay
07-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I would just like to say what a fabulous name you have! lol