View Full Version : Dance Blades

Mrs Redboots
06-17-2009, 08:47 AM
My coach tells me it's time to bite the bullet and get new blades. I use dance blades, and am currently in John Watts Dance, which I adore, but are, sadly, no longer available.

I'm wondering what to get. I don't want to go back to Coronation Dance, as they are thicker, and basically just a shorter Coronation Ace. Neither do I really want to go up to MK Dance, although that may turn out to be my best option.

Is there a good intermediate dance blade on the market these days? Something like the Ultima Lite, which a couple of my friends are raving about (and the rest are madly jealous of them for owning), only for dance?

mintypoppet
06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
There is an Ultima Dance (http://www.jacksonultima.com/en/Index.aspx?product=1a2b3c4d5ewsYeo6VVjGm/S5tqIuOfw1A2B3C4D5E1A2B3C4D5E) blade that might be worth a look? At least you'd be staying with an 8' rocker that way.

Mrs Redboots
06-18-2009, 05:52 AM
There is an Ultima Dance (http://www.jacksonultima.com/en/Index.aspx?product=1a2b3c4d5ewsYeo6VVjGm/S5tqIuOfw1A2B3C4D5E1A2B3C4D5E) blade that might be worth a look? At least you'd be staying with an 8' rocker that way.

Thanks. I shall investigate. Did you and A order yours directly from Canada, or is there an agent over here?

Clarice
06-18-2009, 06:30 AM
I'm getting my first pair of dance boots/blades this week, so I can't really evaluate different blades. But my coach recommended Ultima synchro blades - he said they would be fine for the level of dance I'm at, and I'm supposed to be able to do freestyle in them, too (I don't even do axels, but they say you can do doubles in them). Besides, I actually do synchro, so these should be good all-around blades for me, I hope! It looks like the Ultima dance blades are narrow and these are not, so they don't sound to be quite what you're looking for. The synchro blades are significantly less expensive, however. I, too, wanted to stay with an 8' rocker.

mintypoppet
06-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Thanks. I shall investigate. Did you and A order yours directly from Canada, or is there an agent over here?

Les Westaway sells them. I had to wait 6wks for mine, as he had none in stock, but A got hers overnight. Also, iceSheffield can order them, but they are slightly pricier (£133 vs £124 in my case).

ETA: Those prices are for Ultima Lite, not Ultima Dance.

fsk8r
06-19-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm getting my first pair of dance boots/blades this week, so I can't really evaluate different blades. But my coach recommended Ultima synchro blades - he said they would be fine for the level of dance I'm at, and I'm supposed to be able to do freestyle in them, too (I don't even do axels, but they say you can do doubles in them). Besides, I actually do synchro, so these should be good all-around blades for me, I hope! It looks like the Ultima dance blades are narrow and these are not, so they don't sound to be quite what you're looking for. The synchro blades are significantly less expensive, however. I, too, wanted to stay with an 8' rocker.

I've got the synchro blades as the cheaper dance option. They've got the full benefits of shorter heels that people want for dance whilst keeping a toe-pick you can jump off.
I really like them and was mainly swayed by the price. Everglides was able to get them in for me.

Mrs Redboots
06-19-2009, 07:46 AM
Les Westaway sells them. I had to wait 6wks for mine, as he had none in stock, but A got hers overnight. Also, iceSheffield can order them, but they are slightly pricier (£133 vs £124 in my case).
Thanks. We need to contact him anyway as we are running out of laces! Will phone him in the next few days. I can certainly wait 6 weeks if I have to!

Virtualsk8r
06-19-2009, 08:09 AM
What size blade do you need? I'll pm you.

Mrs Redboots
06-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Just to let you know that I rang up the supplier today, and have ordered, at his recommendation, a pair of Dance 99s, which were easier for him to get hold of than the Ultima. Hopefully they should arrive by the end of the week.