View Full Version : ultima lite blades

scotlandsk8r
06-15-2009, 05:56 AM
Anyone got ulitma lite blades and what do you think of them?

Worried about 8" rocker as I skate in gold stars and they have a 7"

Considering making the switch

saras
06-15-2009, 07:20 AM
from a 7ft Phantom to an 8ft Ultima Matrix Freestyle -

it was a big change and took a while to get used to. I *really* like the flow I get though - much more distance for each push (it was noticeable from the get-go). Spins were pretty do-able - that was one worry (supposedly finding the sweet spot is easier on a 7ft rocker) but I didn't have much issue with that.

It definitely took a while to get used to though - I switched to a hinged boot at the time too, and the blades took longer to get used to than the boots ;)

--Sara

katz in boots
06-16-2009, 03:36 AM
from a 7ft Phantom to an 8ft Ultima Matrix Freestyle

...I switched to a hinged boot at the time too, and the blades took longer to get used to than the boots ;)

--Sara

I made the change to the same combo as you! And I agree, the different blades took a lot of getting used to. I still don't feel my jump take-offs are as good in the 8' rocker, and dream of being able to afford Phantoms again.

scotlandsk8r
06-16-2009, 07:34 AM
so generally MK blades are better to have? i do love my gold stars they are just a tad pricey!

mintypoppet
06-16-2009, 12:40 PM
I switched from some old and very flat MK Pros to Ultima Lite earlier this year. There was an adjustment period, especially in terms of spinning, but this was partly because the sharpener put an unfamiliar, much deeper, hollow on the new blades. However, they feel totally normal now - I can't tell the difference. And I love the way they look!

scotlandsk8r
06-16-2009, 03:38 PM
i think they look really cool, partly why i wanted and they were half the price of my gold stars!