View Full Version : What type of skater are you training to become?

FSWer
06-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Say,we haven't done a "What type of skater are you trainning to become" Thread in a while. So with all the new skaters that have joined us. I thought I'd do an update. So,what type of skater are you trainning to become?

londonicechamp
06-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi

Well I am training to become a freestyle skater, as I love doing freestyle moves, the elegance and artistic elements of the jumps and spins. :D

londonicechamp

phoenix
06-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Solo dancer here, as I'm too tall to probably find a partner (though I've been lucky enough to have 2 partners in the past, so you never know...)

londonicechamp
06-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi phoenix

Wow, ice dance, that must be really interesting, the spins must be challenging.

londonicechamp

phoenix
06-15-2009, 01:12 PM
spinning w/ a partner is so different than by yourself, it's learning a completely different skill! I'm not very good at it, but it's really fun to work on partner spins.

caffn8me
06-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Just one that doesn't keep falling over and breaking things.

I'm too tall for pairs or couples. Freestyle appeals rather more provided I get that far without killing myself.

Sarah

londonicechamp
06-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Hi Sarah

So nice to see you here.

Anyway, it is late now, and I must really go to bed.

Catch up with you at another time.

Hope you managed to go back to ice skating again, after breaking your wrist. :D

londonicechamp

caffn8me
06-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Hi Londonicehcamp :)

I haven't been on the ice since I skated with you at Queens with my wrist in a cast. I've been waiting for it to heal a bit more before trying anything more adventurous on the ice again. It's now out of a cast and getting stronger each day. I am getting more movement back and less pain. I am planning to get back on the ice properly next Thursday. I now have some wrist guards.

Sarah

SkaterBird
06-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Adult singles skater, and possibly adult ice dance as my husband has agreed to (eventually) take ice dance lessons with me. What I really love are the Interp/Artistic events - that is my favorite type of skating!

dance2sk8
06-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Adult Freestyle skater!!! I want to win the National Title some day. I know, long shot, but I want it! :D I love to skate and I miss competing in a sport!

luckykid
06-16-2009, 01:01 AM
I want to do pairs and ice dance with partner but there aren't many coaches who teach that here. I think only one coach teaches pairs so far and none ice dance. Most people do couples here, which is different from pairs. So I have to settle for freestyle.

TreSk8sAZ
06-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Well, I do solo dance, dance with a partner and freestyle so I had to choose all of the above!

sk8joyful
06-19-2009, 03:29 AM
what type of skater are you trainning to become?

being able ;) to skate whatever I want thinking it fun..., & only fun will totally delight :D me.