View Full Version : Ice show tomorrow!

niupartyangel
06-11-2009, 10:13 PM
We had dress rehearsal today and although I did my one foot spins in regular rehearsals and today's warmups, nerves got to me and I only did 2 revs :?? but I didn't freak out of my salchow-toe loop and landed that okay! So I hope that goes well tomorrow too (when i have family watching). I'm in a group with 5 other adults, 2 ladies are in FS 1, I'm in FS 3, one is an ice dancer, one is actually a hockey skater (takes adult classes since his daughter skates also) and one girl is in FS 4.

dbny
06-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Enjoy the show, and please give us a report afterwards.

Thin-Ice
06-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Have fun! And do let us know how everything goes.

Skate@Delaware
06-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Sounds like my group (minus the hockey player, ours is actually playing Shrek and does it wonderfully). My show is tonight (funny how we had dress rehearsals the same night).

Have fun during your show!

dance2sk8
06-12-2009, 10:33 PM
I wish the Detroit Skate Club would allow adult skaters in their ice show. I don't know why they don't allow it. Only number it seems adults are allowed to skate are the Parent Number. Which is silly. Its not really skating at all. :cry:

niupartyangel
06-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Okay both nights went well! I had my mom, mom in law, sister and hubby attend Friday night and I didn't have anyone on Saturday night. I was worried about messing up my jump so I wimped out and did a waltz (albeit it was bigger than usual) jump but didnt even tack on a toe loop or ballet jump after it :frus: my spin was okay, not a lot of speed but after watching the video hubby took i got about 4 revs in which was okay...the other adults are not advanced spinners neither (except for the ice dancer) so we didnt leave a lot of time for spins, coz its not like we could do 7 revs or anything :lol: also on both nights when we were called for the grand finale (where each group and soloist line up on the ice as they are called), we all planned to do a special move, to show that hey adults can be decent too ;) . the others did a spiral, the ice dancer did a twizzle and I did my y spiral!

on saturday night the pressure should have been off since i had no one watching, but my body just automatically went into a waltz jump/ballet jump...and i was planning to be like, hell with it i have no one so im doing my salchow toe loop! oh well! i got the whole year to get better.

Also we were already talking about next year's show, how we're all gonna stick with skating and then once we get word of what the show theme would be, we'd pick our own song, and have the ice dancer choreograph (she used to compete and stuff and is in silver level if im not mistaken) and we'll be better in our freestyle skills :) oh an dpick our own outfits! lol. the outfits weren't bad, way better than last year. we wore purple and black sequined halter tops and black velvet pants. The guy wore a black button down shirt and black pants, and a purple waistband/belt (like what goes on in a tux).

Since me and the ice dancer are the only ones who are taking private lessons, the other adults agreed to recruit more adults for next year's show in their adult group classes.

Also right after our number was another adult number, it's a mother daughter number (of course i wasn't in this one!...yet lol)...some staff pros participated and the guy in our group was in it too with his daughter, as well as the two ladies in my group. so it was the parents with their skating kids. it was really cute and almost made me cry! They performed to Through My Daughter's Eyes. They should do such a number every year.

(Note: the reason I am in FS 3 but don't have my change foot spin yet is because as some of you know i decided to test pre-Bronze MIF this year, so that's what the bulk of my weekly hour lesson is going. We spend about the last 10-15 minutes of the lesson doing jumps and spins. I'm working on the loop now since i have the salchow and toe loop, but i don't evne have my backspin yet...)

niupartyangel
06-14-2009, 08:22 PM
I wish the Detroit Skate Club would allow adult skaters in their ice show. I don't know why they don't allow it. Only number it seems adults are allowed to skate are the Parent Number. Which is silly. Its not really skating at all. :cry:

That's terrible! In our rink they practically beg the adults to participate, but it's us the same adults that do the group number every year. i think the adults in the basic adult class dont want to do it because they probably think it's too advanced, even though the choreographer does work around everyone's level but i guess they gotta stress that more.

the rink even had the adult sign up form out last december as an early bird special...sign up by january and only pay $75...i should have done that but i wasn't sure yet if i wanted to do it again so i didnt sign up till the regular time which was $90.