View Full Version : Sytycd

pairman2
06-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm not sure if this was ever brought up before but I find 'So You Think You Can Dance' to be very inspiring to my skating life, even though I skate and can't really dance and even though the contestants are all about half my age. I find the connection between this dance free for all and the skating dicipline to be very interactive. I noticed that an event recently promoted on the USFS site also included two recent competitors from SYTYCD. Cross promoting between these two could be very intriquing.

slusher
06-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Probably the biggest hurdle is the management groups, representing skaters (IMG) and SYTYCD. Having a show like the Kurt Browning's "Gotta Skates" would be interesting and would probably be a better made-for-tv show than a live tour.

What I'm finding is having more affect on skating is the music and choreography used from SYTYCD. The program done to Bang Bang Ramalama showed up all over synchro the year following. SYTYCD has some great unknown music picks and I personally have "been influenced" by certain choreography moves that translate well to the ice, sometimes even better.

CoachPA
06-08-2009, 11:57 AM
SYTYCD has some great unknown music picks and I personally have "been influenced" by certain choreography moves that translate well to the ice, sometimes even better.

I'm with you on this one. I love watching SYTYCD for the choreography. There's so many creative dancers and choreographers that bring a lot of innovative movements to the show.