View Full Version : Disney On Ice

Clarice
06-01-2009, 01:35 PM
My daughter auditioned for Disney On Ice this past winter, and was classified "hireable". We know that their casting is done between May and July, so she is beginning to get quite anxious. I'd like to hear from anyone who has skated with Disney, or whose child or student has done so.

What happens now? If she is hired, I presume she'll be asked to report somewhere to learn the show's choreography - where do they go, and for how long? When does that happen? August, maybe? If she's not hired, will they notify her that casting is completed for this season and her information will be kept on file, or something like that? Any information would be appreciated!

twokidsskatemom
06-01-2009, 04:37 PM
My daughter auditioned for Disney On Ice this past winter, and was classified "hireable". We know that their casting is done between May and July, so she is beginning to get quite anxious. I'd like to hear from anyone who has skated with Disney, or whose child or student has done so.

What happens now? If she is hired, I presume she'll be asked to report somewhere to learn the show's choreography - where do they go, and for how long? When does that happen? August, maybe? If she's not hired, will they notify her that casting is completed for this season and her information will be kept on file, or something like that? Any information would be appreciated!

Our very very small club has had three boys the last two years.They just called them and told them to show up the next week.One went to Cali to learn, one just went to Canada, and one went international.
One of them just got repicked for international and he is going to Japan. All three of them were doing HSM.The boy going to Japan is packing this week and then he is gone.
I think when they all got hired it was July but they were hired late. Boys are so much harder to find than girls.
Has she talked to anyone from there lately?I would call them and find out.
Good luck!

sk8ermom
06-01-2009, 07:08 PM
They closed al ot of shows this year so this might be a tough year to get in. Each show runs on a slightly different schedule.

jp1andOnly
06-01-2009, 09:28 PM
depending on where you live and what show, they will send you to florida or cali. I believe you go for a couple weeks (though I could be way off). Hiring can be an early call or a last min call

lot has to do with what skating skills and tricks you do, your showmanship as well as how you would fit into certain costumes. Scary I know, but they can't make costumes for ever different person. most skaters start off in chorus, and can move up to head corus, partial lead, or lead

Depending on your daughters level, she might end up on a north american tour (most people start there) or else get to go overseas to either the Asian or the european tour. All 3 tours have pros and cons.

It is an experience. She will have tons of fun, work hard, and come back with no money but so many stories.

Let us know where she ends up

starskate6.0
06-07-2009, 07:51 PM

Dear Carice.

So much to tell you . :) I spent 6 years with the show 4 World tours and 38 countries. Iv done 5 different productions with them. I can tell you if you start with new production you will spend at least 4-6 weeks in rehural and skate 8 hours a day, with the last week spent between Rehursal and shooting the TV commercial. I remember being in the building till 3 am shooting the commercial. Rehursal is the toughest part and it used to be at half pay although it was many years ago. If your not in Rehursal for numbers your in the costume shop getting fitted for costumes. The Contract may be different now. Once you on the road life gets a lot easier but the first 4 to 6 weeks separates the men from the boys ( or girls).

What really makes the experience is what you do with your off time. If you want to get out and see the World you can do it. Or you can stay in the hotel rooms and do night clubs etc.. ( Some do and see nothing. ) Its a great chance to see the World . I highly recommend it but remember to be very open minded and she will have a great time.. :D If you need more info on this feel free to send me a private E-mail....

Thanks.