View Full Version : Ice House Adult Training Camp Roll Call

FREESK8ER
05-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Hackensack, NJ
The deadline is June 8th. I'm going because of the figure training.
Anyone else????:?:

sexyskates
05-18-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm in! I had such a great time last year that I am planning to sign up again.

icedancer2
05-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Figure training? They're doing figures at the Hackensack camp? Way to go!

(have fun, sexyskates!)

Skate@Delaware
05-19-2009, 07:24 AM
IF I don't get called for classes that are on a Friday or a Saturday this summer session (I'm on a waitlist), I'm going!

Last year, some ladies from my rink went and had a blast!

Elly86
05-19-2009, 08:14 AM
I REALLY want to go! I've got my application all filled out. Just waiting to see if I can swing it financially this year. For those who have gone before, what was it like?

FREESK8ER
05-19-2009, 09:44 AM
I went about 4 years ago and learned a ton of tips and technics. The staff was easy to be with and it was very well orginized. I do remember having to soak in a bathtub b/c I was sooo sore. You are placed in a group according to how you answer your skill level questions on the application, but you can change in the beginning if feel your group is to easy.

I'll look forward to seeing you Sexyskates.

stacyf419
05-20-2009, 06:37 AM
My issue with last year was the combining of the 2 lower levels, which resulted in one ginormous group. It was difficult to get attention (I'm a bigmouth so I was able to easily, but many other nice people kind of got left in the corner!), and also it seemed like the entire time I was doing toe loop after toe loop after toe loop....how about a different jump, guys?
I'm not doing it this year because it's really expensive, but no matter what, it was really fun - I guess you can always get something out of it. Have fun if you go!

RoaringSkates
05-21-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm going. This'll be my third year, and I normally do the dance track.

Last year, I kicked around the idea of doing recreational singles. But I don't jump or spin, so... But I'm always the worst one in the dance track. They're, like, "rocker", and I'm, like, "What?" Whereas there are plenty of people who can't really jump or spin in the recreational track.

As usual, I'll hold my registration until the last minute while I figure it all out.

Figures does sound cool, though. And last year, the dancers got a session of ballroom dance, which was all kinds of awesome.