View Full Version : Volume level on icenetwork videos

Black Sheep
05-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Watching Gold Ladies I just now, I had to turn the volumes up to the MAX on both the video AND my Mac. Anyone besides me having this kind of trouble hearing stuff on icenetwork.com videos, or do I need my hearing checked? ;)

While I have your attention, physical therapy, medicines, and accupuncture (not necessarily in that order) have done wonders to ease my sciatic pain! :D

looplover
05-11-2009, 10:14 AM
I can hear them - but I'm wondering why they haven't posted Championship Masters Junior - Senior Ladies yet?!?!

I know I'm not the most patient person. But still...

Stormy
05-11-2009, 11:40 AM
I can hear them - but I'm wondering why they haven't posted Championship Masters Junior - Senior Ladies yet?!?!

I know I'm not the most patient person. But still...

Ya know, if they'd put the Championship events up first, everyone would be saying IN only cares about the Champ skaters. But they put most of the other levels up first, which I figured people would be pleased at. Darned if you do and darned if you don't.

That said, the sound is ok for me, albiet a bit quiet but I think that's the way it was recorded.

jazzpants
05-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Eh, sonny... I can't hear 'ya! Speak up!!! :twisted: :P :lol:

I can hear the program just fine. My only problem is that it's exactly like the rink when I'm there... when they are announcing names, the reverb of the rink screws the speech out. It's like Charlie Brown talking with the grown-ups: "Wa-wa-wa-wah, wa-WAAAAH!!!" :lol:

Black Sheep, check your other videos and see if it's also too soft. If it is, check your connections to your speakers. I'll bet they're not plugged all the way in...

jcookie1982
05-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I have noticed that some of the videos are a lot quieter than others.

Isk8NYC
05-11-2009, 12:22 PM
But they put most of the other levels up first, which I figured people would be pleased at. I'm pleased.

looplover
05-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Ya know, if they'd put the Championship events up first, everyone would be saying IN only cares about the Champ skaters. But they put most of the other levels up first, which I figured people would be pleased at. Darned if you do and darned if you don't.

That said, the sound is ok for me, albiet a bit quiet but I think that's the way it was recorded.

You know...you have a point. :)

I was happy to see my bronze ladies early!

(I'm impatient, I want to see Amy's skate!)

Isk8NYC
05-12-2009, 07:55 AM
(I'm impatient, I want to see Amy's skate!)I want to see it too! I asked at the rink about putting it on the big screens in the lobby so everyone can watch it, lol. I have to bring a laptop and cables to make it happen, but it's an option!

Black Sheep
05-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Champ. Jr./Sr. Masters Men is now up! Everybody go watch Larry's amazing Triple Sal! DO IT NOW! ;)

LilJen
05-12-2009, 02:50 PM
BlackSheep, glad to hear the sciatica is easing up!!

Sound is all over the place on the AN vids I've seen. In addition to the "Charlie Brown wah-wah-wah" muddy quality that jazzpants mentioned.