View Full Version : Bracknell Adult Opens - Congrats on results

Bunny Hop
04-28-2009, 11:01 AM
I was going to put this in this week's practice thread, but I couldn't find one (it's probably there, and I'm just being blind!).

Anyway, yesterday was the Bracknell Adult Opens and I just wanted to say congratulations to all the forum members who did so well at the competition.

Firstly, a very big congratulations to BatikatII and Physicist on Ice for placing 2nd in the Pre-Bronze compulsory dance (out of 4) in their very first competition together (in fact, first skating competition at all for one of them). :bow:

Also congratulations to Mr & Mrs Redboots for their second place, and FRBSkate63 and partner, also for a second place.

Also a huge well done to NickiT for her fourth placing, following a complete music stuff-up, which meant she had to start her programme again! :evil: Stupid Bracknell sound system!

I'm sure I've left heaps of people out, but I only know a few people's forum names, so please feel free to post anyone I've not mentioned.

blue111moon
04-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Are the results posted somewhere?

Yay, Annabel!!!

jazzpants
04-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Congrats to everyone!!! WELL DONE!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

YAAAAY, ANNABEL (and Robert too!!!) :bow:

Mrs Redboots
04-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks! 2nd out of 2 isn't exactly clever, but we skated better than we expected and had fun. The couple who won did so deservedly, they had 2 lifts to our 1 and one of them was unusual at our level. And their assisted teapot was infinitely better than ours. All the same, their marks weren't that far above ours, and one judge actually gave us identical 2nd marks, although the others got higher technical marks!

The other big "shout-out" is for Sk8s4fun, who was doing her first-ever competition and finished a very respectable 7th out of 11 in her free dance class, taking some very good scalps indeed! So we are all very proud of her.

dbny
04-28-2009, 08:25 PM
congratulations!

sk8_4fun
04-29-2009, 07:30 AM
The other big "shout-out" is for Sk8s4fun, who was doing her first-ever competition and finished a very respectable 7th out of 11 in her free dance class, taking some very good scalps indeed! So we are all very proud of her.

Thank you Annabel! I think that the chocolate I had after the compulsories had alot do with my improved mood going into the free dance! ;)

Congrats right back on your free dance- I think we're still waiting for the photos of your group to go up. It was great to see everybody and put more faces to names. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again!

Bunny Hop
04-29-2009, 08:03 AM
Are the results posted somewhere?
Yes, they're here (http://www.bracknell-ice-skating-club.co.uk/competitions/2009-04-BISC-AdultOpens/index.htm)

Isk8NYC
04-29-2009, 08:42 AM
congratulations!!!

samba
05-02-2009, 01:08 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!

Sorry I missed you this year, I sincerely hope to make it next year though, getting back to my fitness level took a lot longer than I expected but nearly there now.

Meantime I have become a granny for the second time, Karl Emrys, a whopping 8lb 14oz, mother and baby doing fine, expected home to-day.

Samba

NickiT
05-02-2009, 05:17 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!

Sorry I missed you this year, I sincerely hope to make it next year though, getting back to my fitness level took a lot longer than I expected but nearly there now.

Meantime I have become a granny for the second time, Karl Emrys, a whopping 8lb 14oz, mother and baby doing fine, expected home to-day.

Samba

Look forward to seeing you next year, and congrats on the birth of your gorgeous grandson!

samba
05-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Look forward to seeing you next year, and congrats on the birth of your gorgeous grandson!

Thanks on both accounts Nick, looking forward to seeing you also.

Isk8NYC
05-06-2009, 02:59 PM
congratulations to everyone!!!