View Full Version : I passed!!!

herniated
04-21-2009, 10:05 PM
I PASSED MY FIRST THREE DANCES!!!!!! Yay!! And you know when it feels sooooo good? Well, this was one of those times baby!! I was a total basket case for three days and when the it was our turn for the warm up it all came together and felt 'right'. And thank God that feeling continued when it was our turn to test. What a night!!!

Debbie S
04-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Congratulations!!! :bow:

dbny
04-21-2009, 11:41 PM
xxx
CONGRATULATIONS!

LilJen
04-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Woo hoo!! Congratulations!! Onward and upward to the next round!

fsk8r
04-22-2009, 03:13 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Roll on the next test...

I love the whole basket case before the test bit. My coach really knows when I'm ready to test when I do that. If I'm still in time to the music 3 days before, you can be sure I won't be on the test.

Mrs Redboots
04-22-2009, 06:05 AM
Congratulations!

And just why won't this go in all capitals, which is what I intended? Happened yesterday, too.

NickiT
04-22-2009, 06:08 AM
Congratulations! I don't think there's a better feeling in the world than that feeling you have after passing a test you've been a total basket case about beforehand!

Nicki

aussieskater
04-22-2009, 06:44 AM
Congratulations!

Isk8NYC
04-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Congratulations !!!

jskater49
04-22-2009, 03:55 PM
That's great - good job!

dbny
04-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Video??? (please)

herniated
04-22-2009, 07:37 PM
I wish I had a video but alas I do not. I don't even think the test chair would allow it at the rink I tested at. But it would have been nice.

I am SOOOO Tired right now from my whole episode of nerves and the adrenaline rush let down. :lol

Thanks everyone for the congrats!! I was looking at the patterns for the next three and I'm s..c..a..r..e..d.

fsk8r
04-23-2009, 02:44 AM
I wish I had a video but alas I do not. I don't even think the test chair would allow it at the rink I tested at. But it would have been nice.

I am SOOOO Tired right now from my whole episode of nerves and the adrenaline rush let down. :lol

Thanks everyone for the congrats!! I was looking at the patterns for the next three and I'm s..c..a..r..e..d.

What are the next three? I know our test systems part company after the first three as our next two don't exist the other side of the pond (Golden Skaters Waltz and Riverside Rhumba).

Mrs Redboots
04-23-2009, 07:19 AM
What are the next three? I know our test systems part company after the first three as our next two don't exist the other side of the pond (Golden Skaters Waltz and Riverside Rhumba).

In fact, our test system is totally different. In the US they go straight to the Fiesta Tango, Willow Waltz and Canadian Cha-Cha.... glad we don't!

CoachPA
04-23-2009, 07:36 AM
In fact, our test system is totally different. In the US they go straight to the Fiesta Tango, Willow Waltz and Canadian Cha-Cha.... glad we don't!

Actually, in the U.S. the Pre-Bronze dances, which comes after the Prelminary dances, includes the Fiesta Tango, Cha-Cha and Swing dance. The Willow Waltz is in the Bronze dance level.

fsk8r
04-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Actually, in the U.S. the Pre-Bronze dances, which comes after the Prelminary dances, includes the Fiesta Tango, Cha-Cha and Swing dance. The Willow Waltz is in the Bronze dance level.

You still turn backwards after the first 3 dances. We've got to pass 3 tests (6 dances) before we're allowed to skate backwards. Which makes dancing backwards the equivalent of landing an axel on the test system which seems really odd. But Swing and Fiesta are our first "backwards" dances as well. I think we skip the Canadian Cha-Cha (and if anyone can explain why it's Canadian in Europe and not in North America I'm curious to know)...

herniated
04-23-2009, 09:14 AM

You are correct!! And I am scared to death about the backwards part but it will work out.:lol:

I'm still recovering btw.

SkatEn
04-23-2009, 10:35 AM
I know I'm a bit late, but CONGRATS!

It's just something to have your work validated!

herniated
04-24-2009, 08:00 PM
thought I'd make one more comment on this... On a previous thread I started I was worried about what I should wear and what my coach was going to wear, etc.

Well, I wore the black unitard with the short black skirt - hair loose but pinned up on top and my coach wore all black. I was pleasantly surprised and think we looked great both in black.:lol:

dbny
04-24-2009, 11:29 PM
You still turn backwards after the first 3 dances. We've got to pass 3 tests (6 dances) before we're allowed to skate backwards. Which makes dancing backwards the equivalent of landing an axel on the test system which seems really odd.

I was just thinking about this yesterday, when I realized I'm close (within the year, I hope) to testing the first three dances myself. I don't remember all of the roller dances I did as a kid, but I know the first tango was not the Canasta, so I was surprised to find it on roller skates on Youtube. That's when I finally remembered that on roller skates, we also had to pass 6 dances (in two different levels) before moving on to backwards skating (Fiesta Tango).

thought I'd make one more comment on this... On a previous thread I started I was worried about what I should wear and what my coach was going to wear, etc.

Well, I wore the black unitard with the short black skirt - hair loose but pinned up on top and my coach wore all black. I was pleasantly surprised and think we looked great both in black.:lol:

Thank you! I've been thinking about what to wear.

doubletoe
04-24-2009, 11:58 PM
YAY!!!! Don't just rest on your laurels for a week; DANCE on them! :D

herniated
04-25-2009, 07:11 AM
I started to think about the whole skating backwards thing..and what comforted me at least is the fact that I've been skating backwards for 17 years and comfortable with it! Yes, I will be attached to another human being who happens to skate like Jeff Gordon drives8O but it will be Ok. What's the biggie...really?

I'll find out soon enough..:lol: Like next week. We've allready done backwards swing rolls together (with me going backwards) so it shouldn't be too bad - right?