View Full Version : solo dance at AN - initial and final rounds

saras
04-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Hiya -

I'm registering for practice ice, and by clicking on my name there's a handy list of my own events and their start times. But only my Solo Dance (Silver) *initial* round is listed.

I thought everyone was doing both the initial and final rounds in solo dance - ???

-Sara

flying~camel
04-12-2009, 10:54 AM
You do skate both. Don just misunderstood how that worked for dance, so he's going to fix it.

sk8er1964
04-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Question on how the initial and final rounds work. Are they weighted equally? Or does the bronze dance have a higher value (somehow) than the pre-bronze dance, for example. How do they handle situations such as this: Skater A wins the initial round while Skater B finishes second, then in the final round Skater B wins and Skater A finishes second. Who ends up with the gold?

vesperholly
04-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Maybe they go to tiebreakers, like the SP/FS in freestyle competitions. Number of judges won? Just a guess.

coskater64
04-12-2009, 03:55 PM
The harder dance is more heavily weighted.:twisted:

sk8er1964
04-12-2009, 08:59 PM

Thanks - and yuck. I think that they should give more weight to the dance I do better, not the harder one. ;) :lol:

RachelSk8er
04-12-2009, 09:49 PM

I actually think that works well for silver. The 14 step is the 14 step and it's not hard for a strong skater to do well. Looking at the skaters in my group, between those of us who competed at mids and the few others I know, there isn't going to be much difference from one of us to the other in that dance. But the tango is where there is more substance to really set people apart.