View Full Version : Alexi Yagudin Triple Axel Slo-mo Lesson

paulmpianist
04-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Here's just the slow motion entry, take-off, and rotation. I overdubbed it with some music one skater used through a few levels to a junior national championship. Small country though. Not many skaters.

I goofed a while ago posting a link to this video, but the music was muted in the video mixdown. this one has the new piece of music.

When i composed it, i just banged it out pretty quickly. At least the rough draft came quickly, but I had to polish it for a year or so. I had some compelling passion about a few things going into it. One was was religious, one was Oksana Baiul popping out of almost nowhere to interrupt all the discussions about Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan favored to get the gold, and to oil the gears of composing, I heard the Russian Army choir singing Polushka Pole' one morning on the radio.

I used to just re-perform it for a girl at 1:30 then 2:00 and then 2:30. I think those were the times She eventually won a junior national championship for Puerto Rico. Ok so they don't have many skaters.
Anyway if you're tired and you use this music, it will open your throttle up.

Did you ever notice that? You skate around and go through your moves and if a really cool song comes on it can really get you going.
Well this one did it for me. i would practise all day and then take a break and get out on the ice.. sometimes i would test the new stuff out.
I don't know if this belongs here.

bye
paul