View Full Version : How long were you in Learn to Skate,and what did you pass in it?

FSWer
04-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Ok fellow skaters!!! I don't think this has ever been asked before. But what I'd like to know from you all today is...how long you were in the Learn to Skate Basic Skills Program and up to what did you pass? I myself was registered for 8 weeks and passed Falling and Recovery and Forward Strides and Gliding. Ok skaters....GO!!!!!

Yui
04-05-2009, 03:50 AM
Well in nottingham the have the national ice skating asosciation. Or the nisa which have 10 grades. I an currently on the 10th grade. After that we have bronze silver and gold figure or free skating. I have been skating for about a year and a half. I'd class my self as intermediate. Best thing i can do would be forward cross rolls or 3 turns. I like the bunny hop also.

niupartyangel
04-05-2009, 11:23 AM
i am entering my 4th year of adult skating. I am currently in ISI FS 3 and hope to test pre-bronze MIF in the summer. i was in ISI Alpha-Delta for about a year before moving on to freestyle. I did skate as a teenager and got up to FS 1 but that didn't help me much, I was really rusty returning as an adult.

Mel On Ice
04-05-2009, 09:08 PM
ISI 4 and I got badges for USFSA Basic 1-8, Freestyle 1-6. I'm working on silver moves.

ibreakhearts66
04-05-2009, 11:40 PM
I was in an ISI program for somewhere between 4-6 months I would guess. I passed through freestyle 4 in group lessons and then took only private lessons from there on (except for power and other classes like that).

FSWer
04-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Say,I read that they have Pairs,Dance,and Synchro. as past of Learn to Skate Basic Skills.Did anyone here start off any of those in Learn to Skate?