View Full Version : Adults for Autism results??

flo
04-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I hope everyone had a great time. How did it go??????

flying~camel
04-04-2009, 09:39 PM
I got 2nd out of 2, but it's interp, so I don't really care. I did get 1 first place ordinal, though. :)

It was a fun day. Small competition, but very relaxed and low key.

I definitely recommend watching Masters Ladies I A/D Interp @ ANs - holy cow is there some GREAT skating in that group!

w.w.west
04-05-2009, 10:45 AM
It went be so fast! Thank to everyone! I'm still tired but it is a good tired! I would do it all next week if we could but it will take at least a year to plan it again!

I'm sure results will be on sk8stuff.com sometime this week.

We have shirts still available. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can bring them to AN.

flo
04-05-2009, 11:29 AM
I'll take one. Did you get my pieces for the auction?

flying~camel
04-05-2009, 11:55 AM
We have shirts still available. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can bring them to AN.

Sweet! I totally want one! How much are they?

w.w.west
04-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Sweet! I totally want one! How much are they?

$15 for short sleeve, $20 for long sleeve. Let me know size you need!

Black Sheep
04-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I skated my best ever! :halo:

flo
04-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Congrats!:D

Mel On Ice
04-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I can't really comment since I was on the judging panel, but I think everyone involved was a winner. Nice job all around and I can't wait to see you at AN in a short amount of time.

RachelSk8er
04-06-2009, 07:14 AM
I skated OK given how exhausted I was (stupid law school). Was happy with the Blues given how little I've worked on it since mids. It still needs work before I am ready to test but it was better than at mids. Still rushing, still need more knee bend, better posture, etc. Of course it doesn't help that I was after Emily, who is a REALLY tough act to follow.

My freestyle program felt really rushed and kind of rough. Not my worst skate of the year but def not the best, either. Spins were bad. But overall, it was nowhere near as awful as it was in practice on Friday (after Friday seriously my goal was to just stay on my feet and get through the program), so I was happy. REALLY need to run this over and over and over again between now and ANs, and hopefully find time to hit the treadmill. My recent lack of time for off-ice training (again, stupid law school and being sick for the past month) is really obvious to me when I get to the end of this program.

Happy with how I skated my interp, too. I almost fell on a stupid flip jump (wtf?) but it wasn't too bad, that was the 4th time competing that program and it's gotten better every time.

Not to mention that I proved by my "sitting in the stands attire" that I am the coolest person ever.

It was a really fun competition, thanks Gail and everyone else for all your hard work!! I'll look forward to this one again next year!!!

flying~camel
04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I skated OK given how exhausted I was (stupid law school).

I thought you skated really, really well! Holy cow, I'm glad I'm not in your interp group! You ladies were AWESOME!

I love the pic Don took of me & you in your "stands attire." ;)

RachelSk8er
04-06-2009, 09:12 AM
I thought you skated really, really well! Holy cow, I'm glad I'm not in your interp group! You ladies were AWESOME!

I love the pic Don took of me & you in your "stands attire." ;)

I know, that pic is so cute!

Yeah my interp group was tough. I about died of shock when I didn't finish last like I normally do! (Seriously, I beat Amber? WTF, she's awesome...I know it's interp and totally subjective and there is more to it than just skating ability, but still...). Just wait until nationals when you also throw Jackie Pusztay and Julie Pietrazko in there (and isn't Becky really in our group, too)? It's going to be a really good event.

Mel On Ice
04-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I have two words for you Rachel:

Sham...

WOW!

RachelSk8er
04-07-2009, 09:38 AM
I have two words for you Rachel:

Sham...

WOW!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, hilarious.

Word to the wise, though....NEVER put a snuggie on over your skating costume. Especially if it is velvet. You will end up with snuggie fuzz ALL OVER your dress. I had to compete like that, too. Not that anyone could see but me. Ha ha.

SkaterBird
04-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I skated my best ever! :halo:

And you looked absolutely spectacular out there - really, really expressive and creative and just wonderful to watch. :bow::bow:
Mimi